skipping past AALLLLLL this weird content and saying that I have proxied up:
  • toxic deluge
  • unexpectedly absent
  • ophiomancer
  • sudden demise
and I expect the first 3 at least to be quite good

CML

Contributor
my god i love all these cards. they really went all-out on making an excellent product that has appeal for everyone here.

haven't gotten to play with deluge yet (only 3/5 of my cube was drafted last night) but the zombie curse is awesome

Ophiomancer is annoying without being oppressive, but I cut toxic deluge after multiple balance-type games where one player could just not commit to the board and many-for-one their opponent for a few mana and life. The major difference between Sudden demise and the other sweeps you listed is your guys don't (usually) take the hit at all; I look at it as bonfire of the damned with the upside of not having to miracle it (a mechanic I detest) and the downside as it not hitting their face. Still too strong in my list.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Sudden Demise looks pretty baller for the Eldrazi Domain cube. Colors, x-spells, dodges spawn tokens, scalable. What's not to love?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Ophiomancer is annoying without being oppressive, but I cut toxic deluge after multiple balance-type games where one player could just not commit to the board and many-for-one their opponent for a few mana and life. The major difference between Sudden demise and the other sweeps you listed is your guys don't (usually) take the hit at all; I look at it as bonfire of the damned with the upside of not having to miracle it (a mechanic I detest) and the downside as it not hitting their face. Still too strong in my list.

Do you have your list up anywhere, by any chance? It sounds like you're carefully monitoring the power level of the mass removal in your cube, and I'd love to see how that affects your overall cube composition.

Is Toxic Deluge much stronger than Damnation? I suppose paying 3 or 4 life to shave a mana off the casting cost of a global sweeper is a pretty big game, especially if that makes the card Legacy playable.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Is Toxic Deluge much stronger than Damnation? I suppose paying 3 or 4 life to shave a mana off the casting cost of a global sweeper is a pretty big game, especially if that makes the card Legacy playable.

Also, do not forget the extremely relevant factor that if you have the creature(s) with the highest toughness, you get to keep it with Deluge, but not Damnation.

And the usually irrelevant factor that Deluge kills indestructible creatures.

CML

Contributor
we were having trouble setting up deluge the other day. granted that deck had a lot of gravecrawlers, but i'd still be surprised if it were as strong as Damnation in my Cube.