Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

Would that change anything? still bounces, right?
You are more likely to have extra lands in your hand while curving out if you cube bounce lands + you have a lot more agency regarding when you have lands and hand and have much greater benefit when being able to put lands into play without having actually seen any extra cardz.

You are more likely to have extra lands in your hand while curving out if you cube bounce lands + you have a lot more agency regarding when you have lands and hand and have much greater benefit when being able to put lands into play without having actually seen any extra cardz.

oh yah good point

Oh and a more serious one, since we were talking about Brass Man

A virtual 1/4 for 2 that makes spells cost 1/2 a mana less. (which is relevent if you want to cast 2 spells a turn.)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Laughs and cute interactions aside, I don't think I want an etb tapped 5 color land that coats no life in my cube.

What do you think about this guy?
Image.ashx

Aoret

Developer
What do you think about this guy?
Image.ashx

I liked it in my ULD before my wasteland/fetchland max experiment. Now I'm wondering if maybe I do want more busted 5 color lands like City of Ass in my ULD since they're probably just gonna get blown up by aggro players wastelanding anyway?

Dom Harvey

Contributor

- Works with TOL theme, acts as a make-your-own-scry with a shuffle effect (notably fetchlands)
- Also a make-your-own-fateseal with Thought Scour/Predict etc
- Free prowess trigger and enabler for Glint Hawk/Kor Skyfisher
- Turns Trinket Mage into Wistful Selkie
- Cheap artifact if you need one
- Delve! Other things!

Have we talked about beacon of creation lately gang? How many fetches and duals do you run these days?

You guys love top of library and etb / sacrifice synergies right

I've been considering this version of Liliana. Her +1 gives you land for landfall, hand-fodder for discard/Brainstorm, a shuffle effect every turn, thins your deck, etc. (Also I run a mono-black mini theme with Phyrexian Obliterator, Lashwrithe & more.)

I can't tell how strong her -X is, but it seems a bit slow.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Just added her actually, no actual experience yet. My fear is that she sucks, Black Devotion decks in constructed never touched her, but maybe something different will happen in translation. +1ing to get cards is always good and she can be a removal spell if needed, though its a nonbo with utility lands. Its also not strong enough to nuke enchanted dudes, which is a pretty big deal in my environment. Hitting every land drop ever dominates control mirrors and makes landfall look sexy, but none of the really good landfall cards are black. I have doubts.

If you're looking to make lands matter in black, try urborg + coffers in the ULD and some controlly mana sinks like old drana and profane command in the main cube. Goes nicely with grey merch and lashwrithe too.

Super cool if you have swamp-type duals. Super niche/bad if you don't. New Ob Nixilis is a significant upgrade to both modes for {1}.
its weird people will try to tolerate that pos on the basis of shuffling synergy, incidental cards and the ready availability of duals but they dismiss beacon of creation out of hand absolutely despite probz having never seen it played.

This isnt a dagger at you specifically goldy.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
What does beacon of creation even do? Make 1/1s?
Basically 4 mana make 4 1/1s would be playable, and this goes up from there. Playing with 4 of them in your 60 does have some sweet moments with the shuffle clause where you get to cast more than you would otherwise.

Problem is nobody wants to play mono green unless that translated to playing 20 vindicates:

Remember, the only non-artifact cards in Ravager were Disciple of the Vault, 1-2 basics, and Shrapnel Blast most of the time