Sets [THB] Theros Beyond Death *SPOILER*

Ups. I was too quick on my hands and too stupid in my mind :p

Oh my Ilúvatar!

kiorabeststheseagod.jpg

7 drops have gotten better over the years. Now THAT’s a Saga!

This is a control stonk for sure!!

I like this guy too!
thryxthesuddenstorm1.jpg

This guy seems like a decent finisher for U/X control and U/G super ramp. Finally, a cool beefy flier that I can replace Icefall Regent with!

(I might be cutting Zahid for this too, jury is still out on that- not the point).

archonofsunsgrace.jpg

I like this card- but it would be so much better if it just gave your whole team lifelink. I think the floor of a 3/4 flying lifelink is more than reasonable for my cube, but I don't know if this guy will be doing anything other than warming sideboards outside of Enchantments.dec.
Basically any pushed enchantment creatures in Abzan colors have my interest, because that's where my on-again off-again flirtation with enchantress themes lives.
Tagging Pete because I want to know his opinion on this.

I like how the Titan (Uro at least. The rest haven’t been spoiled so far) is an M11 titan when on the battlefield.

6/6 Giant.
Ability when enters the battlefield or attacks.

Also I like how The Binding of the Titans help put the titans into the graveyard where they flavorfully can escape from.

Tzey should have had no mana cost instead of this akward pseudo evoke. That way they wouldn't only be more elegant but also not contribute to the devotion of the gods, which they oppose after all. And it would invoke even more escspe flavor.

Tzey should have had no mana cost instead of this akward pseudo evoke. That way they wouldn't only be more elegant but also not contribute to the devotion of the gods, which they oppose after all. And it would invoke even more escspe flavor.

They'd be so awkward to play with then- you couldn't just get them into the yard.

Flavor is rarely a good justification for bad gameplay mechanics.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Here's the BR titan I was talking about.

kroxatitanofdeathshunger.jpg

That thing hits like a brick. Too much for my cube I feel.

kiorabeststheseagod.jpg

Now this is a saga! Great callback to Kiora stealing Thassa's Bident. Pretty stronk finisher in blue, though I'm not a fan of hexproof, this might get there. Worth a test, at least. It's definitely an "uh oh" for the opponent when this hits.

carelesscelebrant.jpg anaxhardenedintheforge.jpg

I really, really like these for red aggressive decks!

Yep, these cards are cool and all... but where are the cool white rares? I mean, spoiler seasons almost up, and I'm getting really fed up with the la...

uee4x5wt2c941.jpg

Oh yeah.... THAT'S the stuff.

(My only problem is that it's a 3 drop, which is a pretty tight section, but since I'm starting my cube overhaul this week, I'm certain I can find space. This is impressively aggressive!)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yep, these cards are cool and all... but where are the cool white rares? I mean, spoiler seasons almost up, and I'm getting really fed up with the la...

uee4x5wt2c941.jpg

Oh yeah.... THAT'S the stuff.

(My only problem is that it's a 3 drop, which is a pretty tight section, but since I'm starting my cube overhaul this week, I'm certain I can find space. This is impressively aggressive!)

Wondering whether this should replace Pianna, Nomad Captain in my cube for the go wide strategy. If this pumps a 1/1, you need three creatures for Pianna to get even, but the ceiling on Pianna is higher.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This card also grants "vigilance" and indestrcutible, which is very good

Has vigilance and grants indestructible :) Yeah, the vigilance is relevant, the indestructible not so much (it's already a 4/4). For me it's mainly about the team boost, though. Something that Pianna also does is make the pump harder to chump block, since it spreads the boost around.

Seems even better then lab man? You can just plop him down late game and win on the spot, even without really trying. Also not as lame outside the win condition.

Maybe better isn't quite the word. "less archetypically specific". Which can be a good or bad thing, depending. You can jam this into a lot of blue decks, and it still will "scry" at least 2 on entry. The wincon is almost incidental. So if you want to have a more solid "lab man" deck, maybe not as fitting. If you want to give blue decks a neat late game alternative, or foster "wincon-less" decks, seems great.

Cool green guy here:
destinyweaver.jpg

Destiny Weaver {1}{G}

Enchantment Creature — Human
Creature and enchantment spells you control can’t be countered.
{3}{G}: Target land you control becomes an X/X Elemental creature with haste and trample until end of turn, where X is the number of enchantments you control. It’s still a land.

This card is a Stronk Stonk for Green Stompy and... really just any creature deck that doesn't want it's spells to be countered. Above the curve threats like this are rarely bad in cube, and the neat little flavor text about lands means that this card can act as a mana sink in the late game. I might even be able to use this card in my cube even if I decide not to try constellation.dec again thanks to it's decent floor. The enchantment land thing isn't even as useless as I made it sound, because Utopia Sprawl and friends exist and are quite good in the cube. Even being able to make a land a 3/3 for a turn is probably a fine deal.