Sets [THB] Theros Beyond Death *SPOILER*

That black discard spell looks like what I wanted for my cube for a looooong time. Since I powered down my cube, I got rid of targeted discard, so it's a pass, but it feels so wrong not to try the card.

White Saga looks sweet, will definitely try it and see which one is stronger: this or The Eldest Reborn. The one that's better will have to go.
Targeted removal is better than edict, but being able to reanimate from opponent's graveyard is something I really dislike about The Eldest Reborn.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
but being able to reanimate from opponent's graveyard is something I really dislike about The Eldest Reborn.

Funny, that's what I like about The Eldest Reborn :) It's basically how I get my Necromancy fix in my cube, since I cut that card (used to run two, because it's the only respectable three mana reanimation spell).

Doesn't The Eldest Reborn and The Elspeth Reborn work as a good pair of cards for a Orzhov enchantment theme?

If your cube is slow enough as to where the enchantments player doesn't just die before they get their sagas down, then yes, they work as a good pair for Orzhov Enchantress.

(Note that I think Selesnya is a better primary home for Enchantment.dec since the majority of enchantment's card advantage engines are green).

en_rNRCyFa2mF.png

Tentacle Tokens for all of your Calamari Needs.

I'm liking this green ramp card

Wolfwillow Haven.png

It ticks all the right boxes for me:
  • 2 mana
  • Possible synergies (enchantment/untap)
  • Late game mana sink
I've found that cards like Wild Growth to be too strong (I am not a cool kid) as they cannot be interacted with easily and provide such a huge tempo advantage that it's generally the best thing you can do in the format.

I'm fine with a few 1CC mana dorks as you can kill them pretty easily, but even they can take over a game if unanswered. Therefore, I try to limit the amount I play and/or use cards like Gilded Goose that are one time deals (I actually doubled up on the Goose and it's been great).

At 2 mana however, things open up. I still wouldn't want too many ramp cards but a few help give green its identity (especially if you limit the amount of 2CC mana rocks) and this one delivers. I still prefer creatures as I a support +1/+1 counters theme in green, but if you are looking for enchantments for your Selesnya/Abzan decks go nuts!

Slaughter-Priest-of-Mogis-265x370.jpg

Whenever you sacrifice a permanent, Slaughter-Priest of Mogis gets +2/+0 until the end of turn.

{1}, Sacrifice a creature or enchantment: Slaughter-Priest of Mogis gets first strike until end of turn.

I think I really like this card, it can get huge and hit heavy. Just not sure I like it more than:

Which has done some serious work for me. What would you say, which card is cooler/better?

Then that card is a home run for you :D

You might also like New Horizons or Weirding Wood.

I love the idea of having extra utility on the ramp cards, but a 3CC card to ramp for 1 isn't exciting (at least in my format). Especially since you don't get a board presence and that is killer at 3 mana.

@ravnic

Slaughter-Priest of Mogis vs Blazing Hellhound

I would try out the Slaughter-Priest for a few reasons:
- It's 2 mana vs 4 mana
- You have Mayem Devil which does something similar to the Hellhound.
- The ceiling seems higher as you could theoretically one shot an opponent if you have a Greater Gargadon or Carrion Feeder to go off.

It's at least worth testing IMO.

View attachment 3055

Whenever you sacrifice a permanent, Slaughter-Priest of Mogis gets +2/+0 until the end of turn.

{1}, Sacrifice a creature or enchantment: Slaughter-Priest of Mogis gets first strike until end of turn.

I think I really like this card, it can get huge and hit heavy. Just not sure I like it more than:

Which has done some serious work for me. What would you say, which card is cooler/better?

Slaughter Priest is just a much, much better card. Most of the R/B sac outlet dudes leave something to be desired in my opinion, but this guy is just good with any sac. You don't even have to sacrifice things to the Slaughter Priest in order for him to do work- you just have to have things to sacrifice.

Heliod’s devotion will plummet. At least for a few generations. Maybe he will regain Godhood again in the future because people need the sun.

The card. Sure. Low power removal with vanishing. I would run this if I had a counters theme with proliferate as a mechanic.

Activated and triggered abilities still work with Pacifism, but I also don't like unconditional cc2 removal (it's essentially removal as I don't have a lot of enchantment removal to get rid of pacifisms - which makes it even better vs recursion decks).