The Music Thread

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I was just playing the album art game on 4chan. Basically people in the thread redraw album art and post it, and people try to figure out the album. Here are my amazing products, see if you can figure any out.
http://imgur.com/a/tUgBC

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

I don't know why I like this song so much. Is it the lyrics that are reminiscent of the drivel that would play on Austin orthodontist-lobby secretary rock station Magic 95.5? The redundant chorus? The groovy synthesizer work? The various remixes?

I like flying lotus ! however this enxt track has jack shit to do with flying lotus.

damn Ophidian's just nice. never expected to find an industrial-listener on a mtg-forum, harrr.
do you like crossbreed? industrial techno mixed with drum&bass is my favorite kind:

it really is a coincidence that I picked one with magic art lol

@ James Stevenson: that's a sound full of complexness, I really like it.

currently I'm listening to this:

that's some steep electronic sound.

I'm so not a Knife Party person, but I think I'm beyond trying to prosthelytize when it comes to what fun party music people like lol.

What we need is yet another party
James i want to mix this into a singel "smooth" mix but don't have a clue where to start :)

Link isn't working mate!

You guys seem to like your donce music a little more progressive and busy. Lone combines a lot of the charm of old house music with the catchy, hooky, childish bliss of old video game music while you are even getting a real wiff of classic Detroit techno in there. Dance music that isn't devoid of feeling.

I'm gonna sneak in some Drexciya here too because I can't really think about alone without thinking about them. Real classic techno/electro.

Classics you might dig

Sagat's Fuk Dat, you've probably heard this one hahahahaha

More in house's rich history of having black men explain things to you.

One of my favourites when it comes to being talked at on a house track.

Is anyone a big fan of The Knife? Or Fever Ray? Royksopp?

The Knife usually produce something I'd call eclectic electronic world music but they've recently put out a full album of remixes they've made of their own tracks that are actually pretty fun and sophisticated dance music.

Anyway this drove me nuts when I was working in my buddy's studio the other day, I think I'm gonna have to buy the whole album.

You can get the whole mess right here:
http://www.beatport.com/release/shaken-up-versions/1325030