General Unstable Spoiler Unthread

Also "destroy target flip walker".

I do winder, what does happen to a nontoken creature that's turned over? The card doesn't specify anything about granting power/toughness...

I do winder, what does happen to a nontoken creature that's turned over? The card doesn't specify anything about granting power/toughness...

Cards are by definition 2/2 without name, creature type, rarity etc. when they are face down as per the face down rules from Onslaught 2002.

That's good to know! That's a really strong effect, a better Reality Shift basically. All four modes of that middle Cryptic are really great. Giving blue a "destroy" effect is sweet, built into an already flexible card.

All the versions feel slightly high or low on the power band. If I were to run one, it would likely be this middle one, because all four modes are quite useful, or the "original" one. The "original" one is very powerful though. It's basically a Snapcaster Mage variant, because the "untap two target permanents" can make it cost {1}{U}, and then you return the instant/sorcery to hand and recast. That's crazy good with two other modes available. So probably this new middle one, if I were to replace Cryptic.

That's why Unstable has those double-faced tokens

Wait I misread I thought you said token creature. Oops!

I can’t believe no one dealt with that Zombie-looking statue at the entrance to the Forest for a year. I mean it looks like they’re living on a farm and EVERYONE knows it can’t be good for the crops to have your soil tainted by Zombies... A farmer should know better!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Oh lord: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/unstable-variants-2017-12-06

en_x3Gh0BIggU.png
en_qP56EWeLJC.png
en_Ip7hEVibDU.png
en_QMtFAMik6x.png

:'D

So glad they released an official variants compilation and gave them all letters. Hopefully this means that we'll see updates to store pages and MTG JSON soon!

Here are my interests (again, using the page Onder linked above)

• A shame none of the Everythingamajigs look worth cubing.
  • I like Garbage Elemental's B (assemble contraption, undying) and D (cascade) variations a good bit, though Cascade is generic and offers some excitement to a color that isn't really short on it.
  • Ineffable Blessing F (number of words in name) seems like the most "interesting" since it offers a decision point and will easily at least cantrip over the course of a match, but it might still be too strong.
  • Knight of the Kitchen Sink C (loose lips) and E (two-word names) are both very cool in my book, so I'll be picking one of those after studying my arts for loose lip applications (probably picking E if I run any).
  • Very Cryptic Command A (Wayne England/assemble contraption edition) looks to be the fairest.