What non-Magic shit are you up to?

This is probably the least nerdy post on this thread, but I'm currently in the middle of a city basketball league and a winter bowling league. Both events end with varying amounts of beer consumption. Wisconsin winters FTW!

EDIT: Oh, there's also the dynasty league for fantasy football. Four years running, still in the basement.

CML

Contributor
This is probably the least nerdy post on this thread, but I'm currently in the middle of a city basketball league and a winter bowling league. Both events end with varying amounts of beer consumption. Wisconsin winters FTW!

EDIT: Oh, there's also the dynasty league for fantasy football. Four years running, still in the basement.

What's the only thing with lower scoring than Wisconsin pickup? Wisconsin pickup basketball!

It's a great time of year to go bowling, maybe I'll bust out my "Full Tilt 2.0" custom ball

dynasty is definitely the best ffb. i'm an addict and i'd be happy to help in the offseason.
It really is. Unfortunately my startup draft was astronomically bad and I finished dead last again this year. My team is a laundry list of injury and failure, from Kaepernick and Crabtree to Cobb, Nicks, and Trent Richardson. At least I traded for the first two overall picks next year.

VibeBox

Contributor
Kaepernick and Crabtree to Cobb, Nicks, and Trent Richardson.
honestly that's a half decent core. i know they all underperformed this year, but kaep, crabtree, and cobb are all green light going forward. i like cobb a lot and own him in leagues.
you probably overpaid for nicks sure, and also (just like i did) for TRich. trich at least could still produce well. he's still young and donald brown is a free agent after this season.

At least I traded for the first two overall picks next year.

and you're about to add sammy watkins AND your favorite pet piece!
you're not in bad shape at all.

CML

Contributor
Vibe: after my fantasy guru friend let me talk another friend into coughing up Le'Veon Bell and Barksdale Josh Gordon for Frank Gore and Cecil Shorts, I will be basing my fantasy plays for next year exclusively on what smart people tell me to do.

Yeah Brady is awful.

How do you feel about reducing variance by not taking an RB p1p1?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Finally got a job making coffee and washing dishes and serving people and shit (hooray maybe I can save up for some turntables) and on Tuesday I'm gunna start a sound engineering course. And in my spare time I've been watching that damn speedrun marathon. I just vegetated all day yesterday watching that.

edit: damn it, looks like I missed the portal runs :((((((((((

VibeBox

Contributor
How do you feel about reducing variance by not taking an RB p1p1?

going into next year i'd say the only running backs that are relatively "safe" in the first round are Lesean McCoy, Jamaal Charles, and maaaaybe Matt Forte.
people will likely also be taking eddie lacy and marshawn lynch in the first round but i advise against this for various reasons.
the game has changed and reciever production is now so overwhelming that wide outs are now safer bets for most first round picks. i was fully willing to take jimmy grahams in the first round THIS year, but never had to because people let me have him in the second. (although the increase in high production TEs and degradation of the saints in general means ironically i probably won't take him until the second next year, but he'll be going in the first)
when you're in the back half of the first, just take the josh gordon and smile.

It's 5:30 in the morning and I'm sitting here writing about the Crimean War. School is fun! Learning! Whooooooooo! (I'm too old for this shit)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
You know you play wow too much when you wake up on Tuesday and the servers haven't reset yet, so you need to wait an hour before the games weekly content resets.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I bought my first pair of turntables on saturday!
BBrpnBX.jpg

I'm really excited. I blew all the money I made from my job. I only have one needle, from my turntable that I found on the side of the road 3 years ago. I ordered a new pair and I can't wait for them to arrive. Now I just need buckets more vinyl, jesus why do I have such expensive hobbies.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Oh no... I'm going to think about this all the time now, and I have enough trouble trying not casually curse as I speak at work. it doesn't help that I do throw the word "nigger" around a lot more than I should... I'm gunna handing people coffee and trying not to say "nigga, I made the shit out of this coffee, look at that muthafucking milky art foam shit, god damn"