Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

I ran it for years and it went last or second-to-last the entire time. Only GR decks were aggressive enough and flexible with mana enough to justify it, and even then, the red two-drops were just as threatening, even if they were less resilient. Green aggro is a dream I can't stop having but that disappears every time I wake up.

I ran it for a while and agree that it’s the GG in the cost that kills it. Green was a viable aggro colour in my cube at the time, but this was rarely played or good.

Surprised not find any hits on this when I searched. A flying 2/2 seems pretty good if you have some equipment and enchantment based removal, is the floor just pretty poor?

Often it's competing against 2/x's for 2 that just naturally have flying and other abilities, so the floor is a bit poor yeah.

Often it's competing against 2/x's for 2 that just naturally have flying and other abilities, so the floor is a bit poor yeah.
Granted, this is the lower power spotlight but yeah probably it's just a little to plain. I am trying to encourage drafting equipments in white, but this might be a little obtuse.

Twinblade Geist gets pretty close to Pouncer level depending on what it can disturb onto, but yeah those are good options. There's also

Which doens't even need to have the equipment attached to it, or for it to even be an equipment.

How could I forget him
Great card

Twinblade Geist gets pretty close to Pouncer level depending on what it can disturb onto, but yeah those are good options. There's also

Which doens't even need to have the equipment attached to it, or for it to even be an equipment.
Ah! This is a much better variant of flutterfox in terms of being just a good card that gives upside to non-creature permanents. Nice!

I run it and like it as a way to make the aggro decks act a little differently. Flutterfox is never going to be a premier threat, but it can do work if you're trying to weave artifact-based aggro themes into White. It's always card 20-22, but if you're got some artifact aggro or equipment hanging around it can be really annoying to deal with, and winds up eating removal more often than you'd expect. However, it being "better" than Mistral Charger is really going to depend on how many 1/1 flying tokens you have in your environment, so I'd first look at that to determine if it's even worth considering. Stone Haven Pilgrim is a good alternative, but frankly they work really well together and I've considered running both.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
There's also...

... who reward you for equipping them specifically. For some the floor is pretty abysmal, but the dwarf and the shikari have a reasonable floor for a low power environment I think.

How much equipment do you need to run for e.g. Kor Duelist to be worth it?
I settled on the following for my 360 cards cube with a minor equipment sub-theme:
And because it supports some tribal shenanigans:

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
An equipment-based deck probably wants to play 3 or 4 equipment max still? You've got to run creatures and removal as well, after all. 10 equipment at 360 doesn't sound unreasonable, assuming that not everyone is going to be interested in first-picking equipment.

I am looking for a token payoff replacement for Toski. It should be something with a decent agency. Is that true about SoF? The third mode isn't high agency at all, but I assume the way there has very interesting decision points for both players ... right? Is it fun? Is it good?

I am looking for a token payoff replacement for Toski. It should be something with a decent agency. Is that true about SoF? The third mode isn't high agency at all, but I assume the way there has very interesting decision points for both players ... right? Is it fun? Is it good?
can be good, but is usually feast (opponent doesn’t have correct removal and you just ramp out your hand and go nuts) or famine (opponent is playing Misery and kills all your creatures so no ramp or counters for you). i run it in Arena cube for the same slot, go wide payoff, but i never find myself picking it.

I agree with blacksmithy’s analysis. I don’t even think there’s a lot of agency on modes I and II - you can usually judge whether an opponent is likely to have mass removal, and by turning any creatures into mana dorks it is usually correct for your opponent not to hold removal back. I do think it is fun, though, and supports both go-wide and counter archetypes.

I mean, sure it sucks against a board wipe those however tend to wreck go wide strategies anyway. But point removal? I want this as a token payoff here mostly, and when my opponent starts pointing his removal spells at my saprolings or eldrazi spawn, I guess that's still a good exchange?

i’d like it better if it returned to battlefield. wasn’t impressed with it in Double Masters limited, but if there are more discard outlets it becomes better since you don’t have to pay 4 mana every time you want to benefit from the recursion. so…. i guess it goes great with Blood tokens now that i’ve written all that out