General (SNC) Streets of New Capenna Previews

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I'd like Glittering stockpile a lot more (RE: treasure) if it entered with a counter or added X+1 mana with the sac ability

I get what that might not have been done for balance reasons, but at least then it would be able to do the treasure ability.

Iconic photo, but just for general info, it was totally staged. The camera angle very cunningly hides a completed floor just out of frame. (You can find photos of the same construction workers pretending to nap on the beam.)

In a happy conclusion, this rather inane factoid helps me appreciate that the card art doesn't cheat and removes the camera's trick of perspective.

The information I've found says that the drop to the ground is a very real 840 feet beneath them, just that the arrangment on the beam is staged.

Iconic photo, but just for general info, it was totally staged. The camera angle very cunningly hides a completed floor just out of frame. (You can find photos of the same construction workers pretending to nap on the beam.)

In a happy conclusion, this rather inane factoid helps me appreciate that the card art doesn't cheat and removes the camera's trick of perspective.

Interesting. Do you mind sharing that photo revealing the cunningly hidden completed floor just out of frame?

We now have a trailer and a soundtrack. They clearly are getting better and better at this.
We also have a Planeswalker's Guide to New Capenna.

This card is a lot higher power than I initially thought

Card seems great for Aggressive R/B decks, I'm not as sold on it as a generically powerful walker which is why I like it as a gold inclusion in my cube. You really need to be able to continue applying pressure through other means if you play this on curve. 4 damage isn't chump change, but it's not nearly as imposing outside a shell that can maximize it accordingly. The ceiling can be very high, but the floor is pretty average to me. If your opponent is in the danger zone of around 9 life then this is absolutely a threat, but higher than that and I'm not sure. This definitely seems to have more play to it depending on your recursive creature suite. Just waiting to pick up a copy a few bucks cheaper in a week or two.

Mob Nix might be the best card in the set… if i hadn’t JUST made a custom RB Sarkhan for my regular who likes Sark it would be a snap include. might make a Mardu version

So.. Now that this set has been out for some time..

How does it feel to play without double-faced cards?
Bad because the limited format is so mediocre.

It's better than Crimson Vow in my opinion, but I think it's one of the worst draft environments since M21.

This is a shame because I've drafted this format like 20 times on arena because it's going to be the format for a big tournament I'm going to in a couple of weeks. I guess I just need to get lucky use my incredible skill and open 4 copies of Inspiring Overseer.

Yup, I won two of the four drafts I did just by forcing Wx Tempo. And the gameplay isn't even fun mostly. Probably the worst set for draft that I drafted, period.

Also, the least impactful premier set regarding my cube since I've started it eight years ago. It's been out so recently and the only card I am running (maybe just as a placeholder for better versions?) is Extract the Truth.

Also, the least impactful premier set regarding my cube since I've started it eight years ago. It's been out so recently and the only card I am running (maybe just as a placeholder for better versions?) is Extract the Truth.
Really? Wow

I'm just listing a few cards I thought you could maybe take a second (or tenth) look at:

, and friends