Sets [KTK] Khans of Tarkir Spoilers

I would not keep that hand. I am not lucky and I guarantee you the top card is not a forest if that's my deck.

Now I might keep it if I'm playing with the exile/draw rule.

Who wants to help me make this pile?!?!

despise.jpg
marduskullhunter.jpg

Yeah spells matter + tokens seems like it's being given it's room to grow in peasant.
It's a pity that card isn't a common though, I already like the pauper red heroic deck.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
That's pretty on point. Prowess is way better then traditional spells matter effects in my cube with the ton of enchantments I run.

Really feeling like a tri-color cube can work. There seems to be just enough cross over synergy to make it work. I am going to attempt to list it all...

Jund: Likes sacrifice,1/1 counters
Naya: Easy. Likes big dudes and tokens.
Grixis: Likes sacrifice,graveyard shenanigans
Esper: Fucking tricky since it likes artifacts and that doesn't mesh well...
Bant:Like Naya, flexible so w/e.
Mardu: Likes attacking and sacrifice.
Jeskai:noncreature spells matter. Token makers go good here with sac themes,anthems,and whatnot.
Sultai: Much like grixis, except could easily be made more interesting with green dudes like satyr wayfinder and regrowth effects.
Abzan:1/1 counters and tokens. No problem.
Temur: Similar to Naya, probably needs some interesting blue twist.

So besides esper being a bit weird, we should be able to find quite a few monocolored and two colored cards that fit each shard/clan's theme. Between token makers, flashback spells, mill stuff, cycling, and whatnot, this could be a really sweet cube.

The better news. The next set might not be a wedge set, but will support this set's themes. Meaning we could easily see a ton of monocolor cards that support these themes even better than before.

Speculation without much evidence: possibly a mythic cycle of wedge or shard colored dragons in the third set?

EDIT: the lack of non-parasitic esper cards that feel powerful enough to pull you into some esper deck with a synergistic cube theme is a lot smaller than anticipated. Are there enough colored artifacts with decent play to them outside of just being artifacts to possibly make some dumb esper thing work without it being too parasitic?