General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Which reminds me! I finally cubed with my own cube again two weeks ago (on the 12th), and Grixis was also the winner here :)

Cube Draft 12-02-2017 Winner from CubeTutor.com

The unknown cards are...

Curse of Nightmares.full.jpg Syphon Aether.full.jpg

Both of which overperformed for the pilot. In fact, he asked for them to be toned down. Curse of Nightmares felt a mana too cheap, and Syphon Aether too versatile. Anyway, I love that the spells deck came together. He scooped up the two most important cogs and ran away with the draft. Awesome :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Time to update this thread :) I got to draft with my cube again a little over a week ago! We did two six person drafts. The first draft was won by Jelmer, who has a knack for my cube it seems, with a Naya beats deck. I finally managed to snag a win again, this time with a more controlling Esper Artifacts build.

Cube Draft 03-06-2017 Winner from CubeTutor.com

The unknown card is...

Root Whisperer.jpg

This one seemed to do exactly what I wanted it to do. It completely ran me over one game when it got paired with Mikaeus, but let's not blame the custom there. For a moment I wondered if I should cut Mikaeus from my cube in that game, than I realized I simply didn't draft an adequate amount of removal, and that it's okay when you get punished for that.

Cube Draft 03-06-2017 Winner from CubeTutor.com

The unknown card is...

Skullcliff Cove.full.jpg

I had some really impactful sideboard cards as well. Both Faith of the Devoted and Sylvan Reclamation (I had another {G/W} land in my sideboard) literally won me games. Sylvan Reclamation is such a great card, the instant speed really blew my opponent out of the water in response to a vehicle activation.

The day was filled with memorable games, and I loved how the drafts went. A few of the niche supported themes showed up, which was awesome. The best game probably was one where a player won despite his opponent landing a Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker and using all of the good options on Demonic Pact twice. How? He got to live the dream with his Temur energy deck, playing Dynavolt Tower and copying it with Saheeli's Artistry. I played lots of sweet games myself as well, facing Izzet spells, Gruul aggro, Naya beats, Rx aggro burn, Orzhov value midrange and Temur value control over the course of the day.

I 5-0'd our draft today, with this UB reanimator/control. Bruna and Sundering clogged up my hand a few times and I never got Bruna into play, but hardcarst Sundering won me a couple games. I also never played Tinker, probably didn't have enough artifacts to support it. Most games I won by playing a control role and beating down with whatever was on hand, mostly Walking Ballista. A few games I instant-won with Grave Mimic on Ballista. That combo feels like it's way too easy to pull off and it needs to be toned down or removed. I might change Mimic to get persist, or come up with something else.
Grave Mimic.png Oops