Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

Right now I don't think I can make enough cards to support it well enough in my blue section, but a man can dream and the day might come!

Wie, a card I've never seen before, that's rare. The only one spell clause might hurt the combo potential. If you break singleton it might be possible. But only If the power level is quite low, I guess.

I think so too. The biggest advantage Trade Routes has is, that it is harder to kill than your average looter, I would says.

But Damn I love Kamigawas Moonfolk, coolest blue race ever. Wish they had good cards.

How much of a stretch is this card as a BR removal-control finisher? It blocks incredibly well, the removal should help clear blockers and then you can burn away that last health.

Taking proper considerations regarding a 5-mana non-etb finisher working in a format, yeah I guess it could be a thing.

Definitely adds an interesting mini-game to the board, wherein the opponent must work to keep a creature out for blocking, or remove the Master, lest they fall to 1.

I personally don't like the effect, as it can undo a game's-worth of hard work preserving and maintaining a life total.

Looking it your cube, it seems like a pretty strong option. In any format, where you don't need immediate etb-value from your 5-drop, this guy says "kill me now or lose a lot." And since you are running awesome cards like Serra Angel and Sengir Vampire, this guys would easily be strong enough as well.

This is also for a cube where I'm aiming for a slightly lower power level than the one I have now! I'll try it out, hopefully it should end up in someone's deck.

Came across this duder the other day while trying to feel out the current spectrum of morphs. My evaluation skills of playable morphs is... not there yet, but attacking on turn 4 with a 3/4 trample ophidian isn't terrible, is it?

Also... first post! Long time lurker and finally tired of not having folks around to chat with about this stuff.

If I'm basing judgement on the morphs in Khans of Tarkir, it certainly does look pretty strong. It's not even that poor to hardcast it either. Would definitely pick in a morph cube.

Hey, welcome to the best MtG board in existence on the beste kind of playing MtG. Don't be afraid by the helpfulness of the people here :)

Came across this duder the other day while trying to feel out the current spectrum of morphs. My evaluation skills of playable morphs is... not there yet, but attacking on turn 4 with a 3/4 trample ophidian isn't terrible, is it?

Also... first post! Long time lurker and finally tired of not having folks around to chat with about this stuff.

I have him in for my relatively strong morph theme (14 creatures) for a few years now. Hystrodon seems to always eat a removal pretty quickly, which is a good thing I guess. The 3+3 cost feels a little akward in some games when you want to cast him on curve, unmorph turn 4 and attack, but If you can get him out there, he'll get in there for some damage and card draw. Also, a 3/4 is a pretty neat (surprise) blocker. I can recommend him.

Also, a morph theme is generally a pretty fun thing to have in my experience, adds another layer to the game.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes! and yes, to answer your collective unasked question, I do have a playmat of my avatar ;)

Well, seems like there is some potential for the guy. After playing and watching some M25 drafts, I'm pretty sold on rebuilding my main cube around some morph-y goodness. I missed having some of the mind games of limited's combat tricks and morph meshes so well into that. That look on your opponent's face when you block with your morph dude, grin wide, and gently place a Krosan Colossus/Krosan Cloudscraper face up in your yard... it's such a fun puzzle to figure out your opponents motivations when they're playing morph.

Durung my search for interesting artifact creatures I stumbled over this dude:

I wonder, how the ability actually plays out. Any experience?

Played it in peasant briefly. Alters play sequencing similar to transform but instantaneous. Too easy to backfire for so little payoff imo. Didn’t see the mid combat instant speed toggle war although the threat was always there. Cut it after a few drafts.

I was looking for some. <6 cmc creatures for more controly red green decks that can survive wildfire. Any experience with these cards? I'm almost certain I'm already going to try out the beetle, but I'm on the fense with the boar. Hitting for 7 after blowing everything up with wildfire does sound pretty fun though.