Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

I was looking for some. <6 cmc creatures for more controly red green decks that can survive wildfire. Any experience with these cards? I'm almost certain I'm already going to try out the beetle, but I'm on the fense with the boar. Hitting for 7 after blowing everything up with wildfire does sound pretty fun though.

If you attack after casting a Wildfire, Valakut Fireboard will immediately die, as it finds itself in an acute situation of lethal damage with that 1 toughness. I personally enjoy the following cards in my cube...

shoutout to my favorite Wildfire(ish) effect, that also survives Wildfire:

I can't make up my mind on whether I want Crater Hellion as my redundant copy of Wildfire. or if I would prefer a second copy (I find Burning of Xinye clashes with the aesthetic of my cube...) , or possibly Chandra, Flamecaller instead at 375. Would love some input on Wildfire support packages in cube.

Also kind of off topic but I've been seriously considering finding room for Guul Draz Assassin in my cube. He's an OG 60 card casual staple among my friend group and I find I criminally underrate level up cards. I can't tell if he would be way too slow or oppressive, but if Liliana, the Last Hope has taught me anything it's that -2/-2 is a very relevant ability in my environment.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I personally run both double Wildfire and Guul Draz Assassin already, and I'm satisfied with both. The trick with level up cards is that you want some instant removal in your cube to enable that "gotcha" moment, but not too much, and not too efficient, because then it will never be correct to pay the level up cost because it will only waste your turn.

I run Wildfire with Destructive Force and Devastation because I don't allow functional identical cards, and it works PERFECTLY for a cube with a slightly lower power level. There are enough finishers that survive all of these effects and they all love mana rocks. The diversity in this kind of effect also keeps games fresh. So, again, huge recommedation to these two: