General Fight Club

vs

I would love to hear your thoughts on this one. I have one too many "graveyard value" cards with both of those and Volrath's Stronghold on top of reanimation spells. I'm thinking of cutting one but I haven't decided which one yet.

reclamation is a much cleaner version of this effect, IMO, and the life loss limiting it's usability is a plus.

I usually only do small votes but Oversold Cemetery gets a big vote from Velrun.

In my opinion the card is super clean. You only have to read it once, it can only return 1 creature each turn and it will do so automatically. This is what an enchantment should feel like if you ask me :p

Reclamation is the stronger and more flexible card, but I do put a lot of value on the way Cemetery operates. I think the decision rests solely on what your cube needs out of the card. I like both cards.

and thus concludes my non-answer answer ;)

Reclamation is more versatile but more mana intensive, Cemetery is a cleaner design though weaker in a vacuum due to timing and restrictions. Depends on your playgroup, but if you're looking for the more powerful option I'd go with Reclamation. Cemetery is much simpler to play with on autopilot.

I quite like Cemetery because you need to put work into it, and if your cube has some gy interaction it's an interesting minigame. If your cube on the other hand has a lot of enchantment removal, Reclamation could be the better option, as Cemetery would be very weak here. Both cards are cool because they're in Magic's most beautiful frame. :)

Genesis also is a cool option, and also exists in the old frame.

Ha, looks like it's a tough one! Here's how I see it:

I like that Phyrexian Reclamation can be slotted in decks with few creatures as long as you have the right targets. But having to pay two mana and two life is a lot so I'm not sure you can actually build those "slow value decks". I also wonder if Cemetery can become a no-brainer and simply have you repeat things over and over.

By the way, it's incredible how many good, interesting cards are there in Urza Block. It's not just the well-known busted cards that are powerful, it's everything.

Hehe, I already run Smallpox! Hence the question between Pox and Bigger pox.

No wait, what was that playtest card called? Bigpox? haha

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Death cloud plays a lot like black wildfire imo. Resolve it with a big enough board/Planswalkers/Enchantments/more lands than your opponent and you can usually win

No but I mean, is that a good thing for the draft environment?

It's similar to mass land destruction in Commander where if you're going to play it, you'd better have a way to close out the game shortly thereafter because it'll be miserable for all parties otherwise. If you can't flip the advantage in your favor after resolving, it'll be a bad inclusion in any environment.

I like Wildfire, but I already run it and Devastating Dreams. And Cataclysm, too. Which is why I'm not so sure about Death Cloud.

Artifact mana rocks
Creatures with toughness >= 5

Same logic with

How do you abuse

?
By having the biggest dude on the field?

vs

I'm feeling like a cube only wants one 2/4 enchantment creature for 3, but which? I'm looking to support both some kind of GW Enchantment midrange and some G/x "super ramp" decks (UG primarily).
I feel like Dryad is maybe better for a super ramp deck, but Courser is also really good at grinding games out.