General Fight Club

If I had to choose one of them, I'd choose Courser since like Onder mentioned it's a form of pseudo card advantage letting you potentially go one deeper every turn. The Dryad might be the best version of that multiple land drop effect we've had on a creature as far as body + cmc is concerned, but it's still bottlenecked by however many lands you have to play from your hand. They're nice effects to have in a Cube but I've found that while some games you'll have the nuts and go off, the majority of the time you'll end up keeping sketchy hands in a G/x deck and play out your lands only to run out of gas if you can't generate card advantage. For that reason alone I'd go with Courser over Dryad, but would ideally find slots for both of them if possible. Hell, just classify one as an enchantment if need be to keep it aesthetically pretty on a list :p

Hm, I might just go ahead and run both then ;) And make sure to remember to pack some extra naturalize effects. They even play kinda well together. I might be leaning more towards Courser if I just get to pick one based on my preference for grindier matchups over sudden explosive decks if I can choose.

vs

Another fight, on the same subject. I'm a little torn between the card advantage of lotus eye and the better body and life gain from storyteller. My intention is to use one of these to grab back removal-aura and sagas.

Do you run any spell matters theme like Prowess decks? If yes, then I would go with the prowess creature. Otherwise both cards are pretty mediocre but Storyteller has the best floor which I would prefer for a theme enabler.

Based on your desire to recur grindy enchantments, I would say the Storyteller works a little better. Blocks better and gains life for extending the game as needed.

vs

Another fight, on the same subject. I'm a little torn between the card advantage of lotus eye and the better body and life gain from storyteller. My intention is to use one of these to grab back removal-aura and sagas.

Realistically speaking, you're rarely going to be casting a 4-mana creature and then another spell in the same turn. Lagonna-band Storyteller is closer to being on-rate than the mystics and has a relevant life-gain ability. Yes, I think I will gain 5 from putting my Elspeth Conquers Death back on top of my library!

Thanks for the feedback ya'll. Realistically Storyteller is probably doing what a durdly midrange deck needs, get some tempo back with the life gain and block well until you get to your next untap step.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Cataclysm can be abused by low-curve, aggressive decks. Cataclysmic Gearhulk, being a mana more expensive, is harder to run for those decks. In addition, like Mondschwein pointed out, it doesn't get rid of lands. In my experience, not only is a Cataclysm more powerful, it caters to an entirely different archetype than the Gearhulk does.

They're all quite close and I reckon you'll get a lot of different answers, but for me

Night
Thorns
Flame
Dawn
Gales

Disclaimer, am not a power max gamer, lol.

If I were to powermax:

Gales

Flame
Night=Dawn=Thorn

Hijack!

I'm glad you brought this up, because I am really hesitating with the green one. I want to support GY shenanigans and currently run Golgari Grave-Troll. I am thinking this guy could take it's spot as a more versatile enabler. The downside is you can't just mill it and get value.

I drafted this UG GY deck. I think the Cavalier of Thorns would be better. Thoughts?
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5e76c11d6f01105bb0be7655

What about this GB deck?
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5e7a3afc6f01105bb0e00408

Okay you’re a power max cube owner. How would you rate these from worst to best in a vacuum?

Gales
Night
Flame = Thorns
Dawn

All are similar in power level aside from Dawn, but it comes down to need. Gales is an amazing curve-topper for U/x decks at 5 with a huge flying body, Brainstorm ETB and a good death effect, and it can recycle itself later in the game. Black has a lack of great 5s and Night fills a need as a kill spell + a 4/5 lifelinking body + easy Aristocrat sac outlet. That Unearth on death is pretty sweet too, great for grindy games in something like a B/G deck. Flame and Thorns are both nice with good bodies and more niche effects, but they've got a ton of competition at the 5 drop slot. They're solid for specific decks/themes, but there are better generic options if you were power maxing. Dawn is just okay, it's pretty forgettable tbh.

vs

..or maybe none of these two? I want a bigger payoff for lands.dec, Tatyova already is pretty good and a lovely engine piece for slow value-oriented lands.dec, but something like a big finisher would be nice, too. I like how Baloths says 'BAM get your 4/4 right now, if you EWilds or TExpanse, get TWO', but Avenger will directly bring something to the table, a bunch of tokens that can grow over time or will be able to chump block like forever if Avenger gets removed immediately. I bet most of you guys tried at least one of them and could tell me about it. :)

Plain old Baloth Woodcrasher is also an option I like pretty much.

Did anyone watch What the Deck last night?

Day[9] had this crazy combo on the battlefield

I suddenly want that option in my cube :p

that's a sweet interaction.

I'm pretty much on board with
"Gales
Night
Flame = Thorns
Dawn"

I have tried both of those green landfall monsters, and they are way too much of a pain in the ass for the opponent to be worth it, IMO.

By the way and in case anyone missed it:

You flicker Cavalier every end step and can either shoot something villain has or shoot your own indestructible Thassa. In this way you either machine gun villain threats or create a 3/3 each end step. Near unbeatable but very cool.

If I were to powermax:

Gales

Flame
Night=Dawn=Thorn

Hijack!

I'm glad you brought this up, because I am really hesitating with the green one. I want to support GY shenanigans and currently run Golgari Grave-Troll. I am thinking this guy could take it's spot as a more versatile enabler. The downside is you can't just mill it and get value.

I drafted this UG GY deck. I think the Cavalier of Thorns would be better. Thoughts?
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5e76c11d6f01105bb0be7655

What about this GB deck?
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5e7a3afc6f01105bb0e00408

Do you want a turn 5 enabler?