Recent content by ravnic

  1. ravnic

    General Land Storm

    You wouldn't want a 3 mana 3/3 that makes a 2/2 every game on it's own? What?
  2. ravnic

    Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

    Glare of Subdual Is that a cool tokens payoff or GRBS?
  3. ravnic

    [500] CCC - Casual Champions Cube

    Last week I build these two decks on the fly because I really wanted to play some magic with my wife. Decided to track them here because that was an interesting match-up: the new {B}{R} reanimator deck against the established mono {W} lifegain aggro. Ones 1 sarpadian simulacrum 1 foulmire...
  4. ravnic

    [500] CCC - Casual Champions Cube

    I thought it was time To look at some Qube data again. So I typed all my drafts from the past three years that I had been tracking into Cube Cobra's new data analytics tool, but I didn't really like the results.The tool looks at match win rates, which makes far less sense than looking at game...
  5. ravnic

    General Land Storm

    Skyshroud Ranger The best redundancy for the scout there is. Might be strictly worse if being an elf doesn't mean anything, but all the other creatures that do that are two mana. Elven Raft-Steerer makes the combo much more appealing. I had it in my CCC way back when Coralhelm Retreat was a...
  6. ravnic

    Alvoi's Cube

    So far, the cube is right up my alley! I also despise the m15 frame. Few people seem to share that feeling, so it's nice to read that I'm not alone lol
  7. ravnic

    General Fight Club

    I have a reanimator theme in my low- to mid-power cube. Now I am looking for 3-4 reanimation spells that I can add to my occasionals. For these explicitly, I want cards that are a little more splashy/swingy. Occasionals are not supposed to be better on average, like rares are, but I allow for...
  8. ravnic

    General CBS

    I think all of the mentioned cards are fine, except Farid. That is so above the line and I think I could explain why. First it's stats, red didn't get even a splashable 3/2 for 2R in old border times and this one is a 3/3 and has several upsides. It also has the weird commander mechanic goad the...
  9. ravnic

    General Fight Club

    I think in a lower powered fair environment where creature stats are a bit more old school turning your 1-drop into a 3/2 or 5/2 can be quite relevant. In test drafting I've already ended up playing the Manipulator in a ub ninjutsu deck, even though I just had a little sprinkle of graveyard...
  10. ravnic

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    I've been supporting Life Gain decks for a long time. I don't love it, but some of my drafters do. I think this is one of the biggest upsides the archetype has going for it. A lot of people just really enjoy the life gain trigger fiestas. Ajani's Pridemate is the most cast card on MTG Arena, and...
  11. ravnic

    General The Anti-singleton Singleton

    I think I finally want to try ... Hedron Alignment ... with a "pick 1, get 4" sticker. As an occasional. Could actually be a neat mini archetype in a 40 card format.
  12. ravnic

    General "Looking for a card"-Thread

    Wow, I scrolled through the whole list. A piece of art.
  13. ravnic

    General [FRA]/[FRC] Reality Fracture Testing & Includes

    Casual Champions Inclusions Core Dark Matter Manipulator Might just be the one non-parasitic selfmill enabler I recently decided to search for in black. Sadly both versions look like shite. In general, Hexhaven has even worse aesthetics than Strixhaven. Feels half-baked and often just ugly...
  14. ravnic

    General Fight Club

    Stitcher's Supplier Dark Matter Manipulator Is the new guy interesting for a wider range of cube decks? Or are both just for dredge?
  15. ravnic

    Card/Deck Topdeck Matters: The Heart of the Cards

    It's been six years, what cool new toys have we gotten for a TOL matters theme? (across all power levels)
Top