Search results

  1. Zoss

    General (UNF) Unfinity Testing/Includes Thread

    Testing Pietra, Crafter of Clowns Vorthos Trigger Happy Tchotchke Elemental Pietra is lovely, beating face early and representing a bit of inevitability late. 10/10 Boros card, even though she makes a unique token. Vorthos is a fun way to add a mission statement to your draft, and while it...
  2. Zoss

    General Spaaaaace: To Unfinity and Beyond!

    I agree with you in theory, but I also don't want to put my players in awkward situations where they feel like they have to laugh/have to pull out a funny joke. I'm a much bigger fan of stuff like Chivalrous Chevalier, for example, mostly because you're not judging/being judged on how well your...
  3. Zoss

    General Spaaaaace: To Unfinity and Beyond!

    Most of the commons dump was uninspiring compared with what we've seen thus far, but this card drew my attention. A 3/2 that can pump out 2/2s is a pretty good rate, and the fact that Pietra can beat face early and represent *some* inevitability late is pretty neat. I'll probably errata this to...
  4. Zoss

    General Spaaaaace: To Unfinity and Beyond!

    This is a rules nightmare, but a crazy finisher. I predict that this and Skullclamp will lose a lot of games accidentally. It's a shame that it costs 5 mana and then requires more to actually do anything, but its neat nonetheless. This one, on the other hand, sparks joy. It adds a new level of...
  5. Zoss

    General Spaaaaace: To Unfinity and Beyond!

    Brb, breaking Sunburst.
  6. Zoss

    Duplicate Sealed: The Pile

    Thanks for sharing, that chaotic experience you hid in the spoiler tag is quite something! Sound like a great time to me.
  7. Zoss

    Sets [DMU] Dominaria United Spoilers

    Visually? It's very similar to the regular foil, maybe a bit glossier on the art. The texture is small bumps and only on the text box/maybe frame. It's actually fairly aesthetically pleasing. I don't think it would be easy to tell once double-sleeved, but I haven't tested that.
  8. Zoss

    Sets [DMU] Dominaria United Spoilers

    It's the textured foil (#344) vs. regular showcase (#303).
  9. Zoss

    Sets (40K) Warhammer 40,000 Commander Set Previews

    Yeah, a lot of my gripes come from these cards being significantly more powerful than the cards in the regular EDH products and the cards' abilities and ability names feeling fairly arbitrary. They're probably perfectly balanced for Commander, tbh. Compare the following: Inquisitor Greyfax...
  10. Zoss

    General CBS

    Yeah, that's the only thing I found, which kind of stinks. Thanks! Also, Train, I read that today too, and it definitely felt like MaRo trying to head off arguments, lol. Actually, now that I think about it, that whole article felt like Games Workshop was holding a gun to his head and telling...
  11. Zoss

    Sets (40K) Warhammer 40,000 Commander Set Previews

    I can't help but agree with LadyMapi, these cards are juiced. It doesn't feel like it's been done in an interesting way, either. Also, Deathleaper is good. I would just run a 3/3 haste double striker for 4 on its own; flash lets it eat a X/3 for free. It can't be used in a vacuum, but I think...
  12. Zoss

    Disregard

    disregard
  13. Zoss

    General CBS

    Does anyone know if the Warhammer 40K cards are going to get MTG equivalents the same way that the Stranger Things cards did? Also, welcome back to spoiler season.
  14. Zoss

    General Defining & Optimizing Complexity

    Eww, sticker mechanics.
  15. Zoss

    General Custom Cards: The Lab

    OK, but Gruul Campus is very funny. What do they teach at Gruul School??
  16. Zoss

    General CBS

    Is it just me, or have we come full circle into agreeing that the Tron lands are actually the right balance between effort and reward? It seems like they're a bad idea regardless (too high a power level delta between success and failure), but if you are going to try something like that, it...
  17. Zoss

    General CBS

    How did you support it? Because yeah, having any more than two of them in play starts getting n u t t y, but I was figuring I'd include maybe four of them, most likely three, and I go very light on ways to search for lands.
  18. Zoss

    General CBS

    Thanks, that seems much more practical! My old copies of the Urza lands will just have to wait to find a home.
  19. Zoss

    General Custom Cards: The Lab

    Given what Train just posted, I think we have the exact same wishlist.
  20. Zoss

    General CBS

    If you wanted to support Tron, how many copies of each land would you want? Three? I like the collectathon aspect of these cards but realized that I've never seen them done in Cube. Urza's Mine Urza's Tower Urza's Power Plant
Top