General (BLB) Bloomburrow Spoilers

My reply to this has been censored by an admin. I never said their joy should be negligible. There are million of fans of Magic. No matter what Wizards print there will always be someone who likes and dislikes a product. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t be able to discuss them. Especially on a forum that is made for discussions.
Sure, totally. But your initial post kind of suggested that only hasbro shareholders would enjoy UB. At least to me. And even though I share your dislike for many UB projects, I think that it should been mentioned that they can only sell products that a large enough audience wants and thus enjoys.

From where did you get that word ‘only’?
You didn't. You also didn't say "for example" or "mainly" or anything indicating anyone else than the shareholders enjoy UB.

So yes, your initial post could read as you suggesting it's only the shareholders. If you didn't intend that you could use one of the words I mentioned above.

You didn't. You also didn't say "for example" or "mainly" or anything indicating anyone else than the shareholders enjoy UB.

So yes, your initial post could read as you suggesting it's only the shareholders. If you didn't intend that you could use one of the words I mentioned above.

But I didn’t. Don’t put any of that on me.
Once again people are reading into things they don’t understand.

Awesome! I will set it up in the morning once the rest of the official renders are up on Scryfall :D

They’re doing a standard-legal welcome kit as part of the product line for this set, so all of the reprints are part of that item. They won’t be in boosters, just new player decks designed to introduce people to the whole Magic multiverse and not just Bloomburrow.
Oh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the clarification!

But I didn’t. Don’t put any of that on me.
Once again people are reading into things they don’t understand.
Dude. Your post obviously read as that. You used the word "absolute" before, said it wasn't absolute and than used hasbro shareholders as counterpoint. That motivated me to mention that there are actually other people, magic fans, that enjoy e.g. the doctor who cards. I just tried to make the tone of the conversation more positive.

I've been shifting to this as well. Stretching out to 6 month updates after Bloomburrow comes out.

I've also been setting up a test cube on cube cobra. Then I can make whatever changes I want and use the Compare Cubes function to compare the testing cube to the base cube. I did that recently and realized I didn't miss any of the cuts. Any ones I do miss get put back.

Makes the updating much smoother and feel less clumsy.

Or you can be a massive dork like I am and draft your Cube on Cube Cobra 3x a day and try to emulate all of your regulars' play-styles and preferences and delight in every new card for what potential it has, rotating 25+ new cards into your list every month and making micro-changes weekly.

To be completely clear: I do not recommend this, but it's really helped me understand where cards fall into my Cube. Wish I had more reps with the actual play part of it than the once a month I average, but luckily we have enough players that we get a big diversity of decks and strategies going on whenever we do meet up.

Awesome! I will set it up in the morning once the rest of the official renders are up on Scryfall :D

Dude. Your post obviously read as that. You used the word "absolute" before, said it wasn't absolute and than used hasbro shareholders as counterpoint. That motivated me to mention that there are actually other people, magic fans, that enjoy e.g. the doctor who cards. I just tried to make the tone of the conversation more positive.

Dude I know that! I just don’t have to mention everyone every time. The list is endless. Or so it feels. Stop being a judge, move on dude!

Or you can be a massive dork like I am and draft your Cube on Cube Cobra 3x a day and try to emulate all of your regulars' play-styles and preferences and delight in every new card for what potential it has, rotating 25+ new cards into your list every month and making micro-changes weekly.

To be completely clear: I do not recommend this, but it's really helped me understand where cards fall into my Cube. Wish I had more reps with the actual play part of it than the once a month I average, but luckily we have enough players that we get a big diversity of decks and strategies going on whenever we do meet up.
I do that too, haha. Will be doing that for a couple weeks before locking the cube up for a while. Glad I'm not the only one.

Holy smokes, that's a strong looter. It's probably too pushed for me, and the last ability is mostly trinket text unless you support spell velocity or storm stuff. But this certainly adds a strong blue two drop for anybody that wants one.
I really dislike this have your cake and eat it too approach, I would be pretty excited about testing this card without vigilance. Prowess is already a mechanic that gives your opponent a lot of room to make mistakes in combat, and this creature can force your opponent into those situations both on your turn and your opponent's. However, I want more instant speed looting in blue, I have a lot of support for prowess, and the spell doubling ability is the kind of exciting effect I want to let players attempt to break.

I don't have the support for this card at the moment, but it's the kind of card I'll slap into my maybeboard and maybe it'll end up as a cool build-around one day. Pretty funny with Gilded Goose.

As I go through the full spoiler, I see three generally useful simple artifacts in a row:

I'm still keeping an eye out for the perfect modern day Jayemdae Tome for my cubes, so the epic interests me. (I think I recently got the perfect Jalum Tome in Collector's Vault) I used to love paying 4 to draw cards with Tome in the 90s. Heirloom Epic is an interesting take on this. A control player who gets this on T1, then something like Omenspeaker on T2 probably feels decent about their ability to play a bit of defense and draw the extra card occasionally. An aggro or midrange could use it to eventually break through a stalled board state, and a tokens deck won't have any problems figuring out what to do with this card. I like it.

Combining slow ramp and type bonus is kinda neat on Patchwork Banner. Generic type booster cards like this are pretty easy ways to add more deck possibilities for minimal card slots, so I'll definitely pick this card up.

Short Bow is low key awesome for me. I will always pick up a copy of a simple equipment with "Equip 1." I like the reach ability here.

I really like how this set is using green's mana production abilities to fuel a lot of mana sinks. In this case, mana sinks includes using the pseudo-blink theme and recasting ETB creatures. Ramping into fatties doesn't have to be the only use of green's mana.

Is Sunshower Druid any good? We haven't seen 1/3 for 1 mana very often, so that's mildly interesting, and adding a +1/+1 on ETB for one mana is also kinda interesting when you have a blink theme. My current cube is too aggro heavy, so I might not mind having something like this to defend early and use synergistically later in the game.

Edit:
Also, I like the druid because adding a +1/+1 counter is a useful but not devastating ETB effect, and that's where I want ETB effects to be.
That brings up this other card that I sort of like:

I like how this adds artifact and enchantment removal to a cube while acting as a more versatile blink target than something like Reclamation Sage. It's lower powered, but not woefully so.

Last edited:
I solve this problem by mostly ignoring anything over uncommon unless it has a really cool design.
My friend was mentioning some cards to me the other day and I knew what they were when I saw them, but I had mentally discarded them for being GRBS.