General (BLB) Bloomburrow Spoilers

Holy smokes, that's a strong looter. It's probably too pushed for me, and the last ability is mostly trinket text unless you support spell velocity or storm stuff. But this certainly adds a strong blue two drop for anybody that wants one.

Heirloom-Epic-BLB-265.jpg

Anyone else stumble while reading this? I wish it was

{4} but Convoke, {T}: Draw a card.

Holy smokes, that's a strong looter. It's probably too pushed for me, and the last ability is mostly trinket text unless you support spell velocity or storm stuff. But this certainly adds a strong blue two drop for anybody that wants one.
Might also be too strong for my cube but I might try it nonetheless and I think the copy ability is quite attainable. You need to cast one spell first and once you cast your second you can let the prowess trigger resolve and copy your second spell!

Yeah, the best creature that was put into your graveyard :p
returning to this, they got me again in the exact same way:
coilingrebirth.jpg

Code:
Coiling Rebirth
3BB
Sorcery
Gift a card (You may promise an opponent a gift as you cast this spell. If you do, they draw a card before its other effects.)
Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Then, if a gift was promised and that creature is not legendary, create a 1/1 token copy of that creature.
I was like oh hey steal two copies of their best OH MY GOD THEY DID IT AGAIN

I didn't even have a reason to think of not reanimating my own stuff this time! But I did it anyway! I'm stepping on rakes here!

I have two thoughts about Bloomburrow.

The first is the wording for gifts, which are promised not given. Maybe I’m just a duplicitous bastard, but why can’t I break my promise?

The second is that it feels odd to have threshold back as a main-set mechanic after all these years. In Odyssey block it always felt like a distant third after flashback and madness.

This type of effect (returning a creature you control to owner's hand) is rare as a repeatable effect. There's Vedalken Mastermind, Crystal Shard, Tolarian Sentinel, Temur Sabertooth... it thins out pretty quickly.

Given how stingy they are with this effect, it's a little surprising to me that they wanted to print a card with this effect as a 1/3 for 1U that also gives you a card every time you activate it. I think it would be an interesting card even without the card draw trigger. With the card draw, this seems pretty strong.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

This type of effect (returning a creature you control to owner's hand) is rare as a repeatable effect. There's Vedalken Mastermind, Crystal Shard, Tolarian Sentinel, Temur Sabertooth... it thins out pretty quickly.

Given how stingy they are with this effect, it's a little surprising to me that they wanted to print a card with this effect as a 1/3 for 1U that also gives you a card every time you activate it. I think it would be an interesting card even without the card draw trigger. With the card draw, this seems pretty strong.
I mean, {1}{U} and {T} is quite a hefty cost. However, this is in the ninja color!

1721168382774.png

This one is not for me, but it is another Persist combo piece that isn't overly narrow.

1721168460644.png

This one might be for me though as that second Level is gas! It isn't limited to once per turn and triggers off any permanent. Amazing for self-mill decks. It ties artifacts, sacrifice and GY themes together for a low mana commitment.

View attachment 9828

This one is not for me, but it is another Persist combo piece that isn't overly narrow.

I like this cute little guy, and I'm never going to be mad about 2MV gold cards. I don't love the Lizard trinket text, but I think it's great how it makes you work for the Grumgully, the Generous / Good-Fortune Unicorn effect while being at both a DRAMATICALLY better spot on the curve and having a better body, too.

View attachment 9829

This one might be for me though as that second Level is gas! It isn't limited to once per turn and triggers off any permanent. Amazing for self-mill decks. It ties artifacts, sacrifice and GY themes together for a low mana commitment.

This card is fascinating. Most of my aristocrats cards are cross-deck, this one is a neat win-condition / self-mill engine that will be a late reward that works on entirely different levels than any other card. What a compelling design! It might end up being my favorite card in the set.

This is PERFECT for my Barrin, Tolarian Archmage / Tameshi, Reality Architect theme deck. But honestly, it makes Tameshi seem even more anemic and might be the kick in the pants I need to cut the pet card...

elugetheshorelesssea.jpg
Eluge, the Shoreless Sea

Everything about this card is...this is what Magic is, to me. Incredibly evocative art, an exciting ability, gets your gears turning about how it can be best used...

I really wish the Flood Counters turned lands into Islands though. Then there'd actually be tension about whether or not to use them on your own lands! As it is, I think this is probably just fine. It's a rare treat to see a card remove the colored mana costs of things, though.

I don't think it's strong enough for my main list, which is a real shame, but I will aggressively being slotting it in anywhere else I can.

IMG_6337.jpeg

IMG_6338.jpeg

Scrapshooter

Creature - raccoon archer

Reach

Gift a card.

When Scrapshooter enters, if you promised a gift, destroy target artifact or enchantment an opponent controls.

4/4