General (BLB) Bloomburrow Spoilers

Why are its 4 keywords on two different lines of text btw ? Flash is evergreen, it's not explained on the card. Any rule i'm missing ?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Why are its 4 keywords on two different lines of text btw ? Flash is evergreen, it's not explained on the card. Any rule i'm missing ?
Flash is on a separate line because it affects spellcasting, whereas the other keywords affect the creature's abilities on the battlefield. This is standard practice. A good example to look at is Angel of Salvation, where flash and convoke are on the same line, because they both affect the casting of the spell, but flying is on its own line.

Onde is 100 % correct.

The nice thing about how it is done…. once the card is on the vattlefield you can choose to ignore the top card of the text because it will no longer be relevant.

Let me help you.
No, you are not. It has reach and most opponents will not expect that since it’s an Elk with an art that has seemingly no way to stop a flying Dragon, Angel or Demon.
A lot of the calamity beasts in this set have reach (such as our elk friend here) because they're so big relative to the animalfolk that they're able to reach and block the fliers without much issue. Think of them less like Trickster's Elk and more like Territory Culler: the calamity beasts are so huge that they can reach the flying creatures!

A lot of the calamity beasts in this set have reach (such as our elk friend here) because they're so big relative to the animalfolk that they're able to reach and block the fliers without much issue. Think of them less like Trickster's Elk and more like Territory Culler: the calamity beasts are so huge that they can reach the flying creatures!

Although I greatly appreciate that from a lore and limited (drafting/sealed) experience.. I don’t think it works in all other formats because why would a Dragon ever go so low that an Elk can reach it?

lifecreed.jpg
Lifecreed Duo

I like that this exists. It's a good tool I'll keep in mind for some of my lower-power environments.

dewdrop.jpg
Dewdrop Cure

Is this the Proclamation of Rebirth I've been waiting for??? I've gotten back a pair of 2-drops from Lively Dirge more than once, and it doesn't feel terrible with how beefy they've become in recent years. I'm not likely to get back a trio to often, but I like that the option's there (and that this set rewards self-mill so much!)

rat.jpg
Vren, the Restless

I would have been very interested in this at 3MV for a smaller rat. Neat effect, but it's a bit hard to want to pay 4 for this, especially when I doubt I'd be getting many rats the first turn.

inkeeper.jpg
Inkeeper's Talent

If you opened a pack, which would excite you more: this or Ozolith, the Shattered Spire? They're doing similar things and I like them both, but having the two feels a bit redundant to me, especially since +1/+1 counters is a fairly minor theme in my Cube.

Although I greatly appreciate that from a lore and limited (drafting/sealed) experience.. I don’t think it works in all other formats because why would a Dragon ever go so low that an Elk can reach it?
Why can 15 squirrels kill Emrakul? Because it's a game and not a simulation of fantasy creature physics

Why can 15 squirrels kill Emrakul? Because it's a game and not a simulation of fantasy creature physics
That doesn't mean you should print a card name Wall of Marble and make it a 3/3 with first strike and deathtouch, the card's identity as a game piece should help you remember what it actually does in practice, which is commonly an issue with reach creatures.

I don't actually think the Elk communicates reach that poorly though, what with the big hurricane-looking swirly and massive antlers in its artwork.

Oops, I just got myself excited for Seasons of Bloomburrow, the return to Bloomburrow in 2026, where all sorts of bug-folk show up, and some of them are Spiders.
Technically there are already sentient bugs on Bloomburrow; the Rats shove sticks up their butts and use them as tools.

It's entirely possible that Seasons of Bloomburrow will be about the Insect proletariat rising up against their bourgeoise Rodent oppressors!

barterer.jpg
Byway Barterer

I've always liked Anje's Ravager and this seems like one that fits more decks. A 3/3 menace for 3 is not the worst - I'm running Veronica, Dissident Scribe right now! - and I like being able to draw two cards when I'm hellbent from any 4-drop I rip off the top. That said, the decks that can take most advantage of this effect are the ones who will more infrequently have 4-drops sitting around, or even that many turns where you can double-up on two-drops.

This would be fighting for Veronica's spot, and even though I wouldn't hate getting rid of the sole Junk maker in my list, I like her discard synergies more than the ones on offer from this raccoon. Still, nice design.

You don't need 4-drops, you can just go Reckless Impulse into Incinerate to trigger expend 4.

Also ...

1720738176252.png

I love love love that gain/lose trigger to make lifegain payoffs less parasitic, but ... I wonder if this isn't a bit too much for my cube. It kinda reads "draw a creature eot every turn" on a body that's only like half a mana overcosted.

impeccablerecycling.jpg

Impeccable Recycling - {1}{G}
Instant
Gift a card (You may promise an opponent a gift as you cast this spell. If you do, they draw a card before its other effects.)
Return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand. If the gift was promised, return two target permanent cards from your graveyard to your hand instead.

I really like Gift. It's one of those mechanics I look at and go "wait, how did they think of The Initiative before this?"

mistbreathelder.jpg

"You may" wouldn't have been on this card a few years ago. :p

Most of the Gift spells look at least moderately skill testing, as they add a decision to the card. That's a good thing.

1720752596636.png

This is a really powerful wrath! Trading a card for your best creature is an easy choice (which does make the card less interesting if you are always gifting).

1720752752897.png
I’m really excited for this guy in my MP cube. It’s a great Storm payoff that triggers off anything.

View attachment 9813

This is a really powerful wrath! Trading a card for your best creature is an easy choice (which does make the card less interesting if you are always gifting).
It's not your best creature, it's the best creature - you can steal one of theirs too! If I have to pay the fifth mana for my Wrath that's the kind of upside I want.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
It's not your best creature, it's the best creature - you can steal one of theirs too! If I have to pay the fifth mana for my Wrath that's the kind of upside I want.
That’s what I thought as well at first, because it says “a creature”, but (un)fortunately it says “put into your graveyard” right after that ;)

Last edited:
darkstaraugur.jpg

Bat Dark Confidant? Bat Dark Confidant!

I'm sure this card will be very popular here. Adding the offspring ability makes up for the base mode costing one mana more, and the +0/+2 toughness boost, along with flying, is a nice bonus! The question is: do we call it Dad Confidant or Bat Bob?
two bobs in a flying trenchcoat

I love it. Even just the flexibility of one or two fliers at a mana difference with huge upside is so exciting.