General (BLB) Bloomburrow Spoilers

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I am a bit sad about the "buff non flyers" theme in birds, because I'm always looking for upgrades to my Derevi bird tribal deck, and these aren't it.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
d068192a-6270-4981-819d-4945fa4a2b83.jpg

Or Toughness is sick text to add to this

1000026811.jpg

I like this bat! I was running Priest of Fell Rites for a while but it was rarely played as my environment is very low curve and the 2/2 for 2 was a bit too inconsequential. This looks like a decent standalone card that I'll be happy to try! Maybe it's the weenie reanimator signpost that will finally get my players to playing that archetype ;).

1720639745304.png

This little guy seems spicy! Gives the lands archetype a solid way to close out the game. Bestow a Springheart Nantuko on it and go to town. Or even just pay 3 for 2 copies and the game will be over shortly. I don't know if it's too effective though as 4 damage per fetchland seems like it leaves little wiggle room for opponent to remove them.

The boomer in me reads some of these cards and wonders what they did to get so pushed lol.

Equipment x Heroic is a nice space for RW.

I don't feel like posting everything, but y'all skippin' posting some great cards.

shrikeforce.jpg
quaketuskboar.jpg
galewindmoose.jpg

I honestly appreciate that we seem to be getting a bunch of pushed french vanilla creatures this set. The Moose seems especially mighty.

I don't feel like posting everything, but y'all skippin' posting some great cards.
I don't really see much I like to be honest. A lot of these cards feel either too weird, too narrow, or too wordy for what they do. The most interesting cards, in my opinion, are fairly replaceable role-fillers:

It's not like these cards are bad or anything; they're just not too special. It's possible I am just becoming jaded as I slowly become a Boomer, there are some big things in this set that could be neat. These just don't seem more inspiring than cards that came in sets previous:

And like... yeah. I know I said Beza looks cool. It kind of does. But like... it loses a lot of the consistency that makes Siege Rhino so awesome in favor of a weird smattering of effects. Granted, it almost always does something, but it misses out on that cleanliness that makes Rhino a slam-dunk.

There is one card in the set that really speaks to me so far. I'll post about him later.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
The moose is such a dumb stat truck. I hate vigilance on big bodies like this. Like, cool, first you are going to surprise eat an attacker because of the flash, and then you attack for 6 a turn while keeping up defense... Ok, this may actually be a pretty good stabilizing tool for value piles against aggro, and aggro did win the last three or four drafts, I believe. Dammit, am I talking myself into this dumb elk? XD