General (BLB) Bloomburrow Spoilers

• A noncreature subtype makes its first return

Ignoring planeswalkers, battles and tokens (and digital-only / silver-bordered sets, because let's be real here), our options are Arcane, Cartouche, Case, Fortification, Lair, Lesson, Rune, and Trap. If I had to guess, it'd probably be Lair?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
That sounds flavorful.

The problem is Blood tokens have already had a return so this cannot be their first return.
Huh, they did. Several times actually. Exsanguinator Cavalry, Transmutation Font, and Shilgengar, Sire of Famine all used Blood tokens.

I would guess Blood (for the bats) or Junk (for the racoons) actually!
Junk tokens for Raccoons would be very funny though, I like that! Obviously it's more red than green, but Fallout had Break Down and Gunner Conscript, so it's probably fair game as long as it's flavorful, and who doesn't associate trash panda's with junk?! :)

Blood tokens in white would be more of a weird fit. I know there is one precedent and they've let off-color rummage happen for set mechanics, but still. I believe it's Junk.

Btw, when today in European time will the debut stream start? Has been a while since I watched one of these with all the hat-sets.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Btw, when today in European time will the debut stream start? Has been a while since I watched one of these with all the hat-sets.
You’re a week early!

“Once we close the pages of Bloomburrow's story, we'll kick off previews with the Bloomburrow debut stream at 9 a.m. PT (12 p.m. ET) on July 9, 2024. Tune in on the official Magic: The Gathering YouTube channel and twitch.tv/Magic, followed by the aftershow on WeeklyMTG.”

So Tuesday, 9th of July, at 18:00 CEST.

Oh, that's probably for the best. One thing less to distrct me from learning for my exams :D

This set actually has the potential to keep me distracted quite a bit lol