General Blue Aggro?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah "weak creatures with large tribal benefits" is a formula for very disjoint archetypes.

"Strong creatures with weak tribal benefits" can add flexibility and depth to your environment if implemented well.

Reactions: CML

Chris Taylor

Contributor
War Marshal seems solid thusfar. Bonus: Sweet in the Goblin Bombardment Deck :p

Back on track, anyone ever consider doubling up on snapcaster? I think he's really the only 2 drop blue creature I'm really happy with for the blue tempo deck.
Full disclosure: I've got THREE looter il-kor in my cube (To replace Merfolk Looter and Thought Courier respectively) but for them to be a centerpiece of the tempo deck, you need some sweet equipment, of which there is little, basically grafted wargear, runechanter's pike (Which is sweet by the way), and broken cards.

Spellstutter Sprite is sweet, but it doesn't drive me into the tempo deck.
I'm testing out Void Stalker, and he seems like he might be alright. Of all the reasons to have a non-flier in your deck, a removal spell seems like a decent one.
Another card I was disappointed with: Waterfront Bouncer. Was he better in the "incidental madness" days, where wild mongrel was the best creature in magic, and so random madness based stuff just found its way into cubes?

I thought about adding another Snapcaster but I'm not sure how much it would help the tempo deck. All the control players will be picking them as well. I'd prefer a blue two-drop that is great in tempo but not in control if there was such a thing...