Sets [C19] Commander 2019 Previews, Spoilers, Leaks, Leeks, and General Tomfoolery

Ok, so it looks like WOTC is trying to make a commander set around keywords this time, with those being:
Morph {U}{B}{G}
Madness{B}{R}
Flashback {W}{U}{R}
Populate {W} {R}{G}

And waddya know, some of these cards look cube able:
913dd06f-ed2f-4128-9c9d-9cd0d8a55425.jpg
22924c44-5551-4a48-a574-dfef91a5d4d7.jpg
7e68f4df-88ce-4e09-a03c-7edf40bff167.jpg
cfe101fc-0c3d-461b-8c46-bb1bef97e739.jpg

And those are just the cards I think people can surely shoe-in! There are a bunch of cool 3 color legends that someone (read: Onders) could probably make work if they wanted to. I think the first three of these cards have the most practical applications in a more generic cube environment. Silencer is nice because it can just be a Goblin Piker if it needs to be.

I might actually pick up the madness deck after only seeing the legend and one rare. Anje looks like gas for Highball.

Where did you find these?

Neither MTG Salvation nor Mythicspoiler has any of them yet.

Also they look like they’re not for me. Too narrow in their designs (which can be a good thing if they are hitting the right spot but it can also be terrible if they are not.)

Where did you find these?

Neither MTG Salvation nor Mythicspoiler has any of them yet.

Also they look like they’re not for me. Too narrow in their designs (which can be a good thing if they are hitting the right spot but it can also be terrible if they are not.)

I found these on Scryfall under their "Commander 2019 Ongoing Previews" section.

Oh man, Kadena's Silencer is perfect. Practically every creature in my cube has some kind of ability, as well as the Deserts. Sacrificing a land and paying a ton of mana for Ifnir Deadlands to try and kill a morph, and then that morph suddenly flipping and countering that ability, would be such a sweet blowout. Negating a cycling ability also easily puts you ahead in CA. So you typically would have the choice of countering something for tempo, or countering something for CA, allowing the card to find a niche in many types of decks. Plus, +1/+1 counter for proliferate shenanigans.

Would running it alongside Willbender be redundant?

krriksonofyawgmoth.jpg

I'm pretty sure this doesn't do anything, but I can't rule out it going infinite in some way I don't recall off the top of my head between the counters and the phyrexian mana and the lifelink.

Reactions: dbs
I keep looking at the card and it just looks so..wrong. Why are the Phyrexian mana symbols so much larger than the 4?

Oh no, I just realized hybrid mana symbols are also larger than normal symbols. Sorry everyone, the game is broken.

Agreed.

Kinda makes me sad that they push every second stupid legend in stadard sets with zero history, but they can't give magics old main hero a actually strong card. Like, who tf came up with this weird ability?