General CBS

I just got thrown out from cube tutor, whenever I try to log in again it says: "Oops! Something went wrong."
Did I get banned for some weird reason or do you guys have a similar problem?

Did you guys try out the Tinkerer's Cube Draft on Arena? I thought it would be a great opportunity for me to play synergistic decks AND farm some coins. But everytime I tried so far I got totally slaughtered (2:3, 1:3, 0:3). I don't even know why. I seriously questioning my skills now. In normal booster drafts I often get to 6 or 7 wins, but here I draft decks of which I am really, really happy, and then I look like the total rookie in every game :(

yeah i went 7-1, 3-3, and 7-2

be proactive and don't draft bad cards imo

I just got thrown out from cube tutor, whenever I try to log in again it says: "Oops! Something went wrong."
Did I get banned for some weird reason or do you guys have a similar problem?

Mine works perfectly fine.
Sometimes the page is down for update for a few hours (about once after each set) but I can easily use the page right now.

Cubetutor is still getting periodically DDoS'd.

I have no idea why exactly, CubeCobra is reportedly *not* behind it, but maybe some random folks who prefer CubeCobra (or just have it in for Ben for personal reasons, no idea) are.

Oh yeah that might have been it. It started about two years ago but it only happens rarely. It must be so frustrating to be Ben.

What proxy-making website do you recommend to print out the cube? I'm getting things ready to print them soon. I have more cards in my collection than I thought, so I might save some paper :)

Oh sure, there's lots of ETB kill creatures at 5, but they're all pushed above the power level I prefer building in. I just want a clean french vanilla ETB Murder dork at 5 mana.

What proxy-making website do you recommend to print out the cube? I'm getting things ready to print them soon. I have more cards in my collection than I thought, so I might save some paper :)

I'd recommend using Magic Set Editor! It's a bit of an old program, but it works quite well for making professional looking cards. It has only PC native support, but it's trivially easy to get it working on Mac using an emulator such as Wine or something similar. I use the program on a Mac with no issues.

Just make sure to download the Cajun Templates! This pack includes Oracle text for new sets, the M15 frame, Adventure Frame, MDFC frame, and more! It's a must have for card designers!

EDIT: I just realized you were asking for proxies, not customs. This is not for you if you want to proxy real cards. I still recommend MSE if you're going to make customs.

magiccards.info used to have a proxy sheet builder, did scryfall drop the feature?

you can download images from scryfall, probably pretty easy to drop them into Word and align/scale with ruler. (3.5x2.5 if you want the "whole card", non-border only like, 3.25x2.25 or something).

I use https://philo-jh.github.io/MTG-Proxy-Generator/
A bit confusing cuz rather than a "print" page you have to go file -> print (from Chrome)
But it automatically has the correct sizing and has the great feature of switching the edition for the card, and doesn't require you to have the 1 in front of a card.
Only downside is that the cards are scrunched together so you will likely lose one or two millimeters when cutting and it can be hard to tell when a card begins (especially if done by hand).
If you're using addons or extensions just make sure to disable some of them because sometimes they can show up in the print section.
If using customs, you'll have to do what jerichoalar said.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Hey what's wrong with this picture:

e37da81e-be12-45a2-9128-376f1ad7b3e8.jpg
d313d051-7295-4884-8cbf-f2f835fd45f4.jpg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Why do the Commons have a colorless border and the rares get the multicolored border?
(this isn't even a recent decision, passage and vitsa are both printed like this before those printings of wilds/expanse)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Ha! Good question! Would be interesting if someone had asked that on MaRo's blogatog account :)

But I found an even better answer on Reddit:

The colour of the frame is so your opponent can tell at a glance what colours of mana you have access to. Evolving Wilds gives no access to no colours the turn it's in play, Vista offers all so is gold.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I assume not because of what I quoted above. There has already been a Terramorphic Expanse reprint (in Jumpstart) since they printed Prismatic Vista and Fabled Passage, and that reprint didn't have the gold pin lines.