General CBS

Well yeah, there are quite a few false positives, but fewer false negatives than with "you control a", and this is the sort of search you prefer to be comprehensive with and sift through the false positives.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
o:"you control a" -o:planeswalker -o:commander c=1
Yields a rather massive 334 cards. c over ci due to Flinthoof Boar etc, and because I didn't see anything lacking on c=2.

o:"you control a" -o:planeswalker -o:commander c=1 (o:white or o:blue or o:black or o:red or o:green or o:plains or o:island or o:swamp or o:mountain or o:forest)
Gets it down to 123 cards, but is a chore to type and still quite inaccurate.

We need a scryfall master.

EDIT: I dunno how to not have it do :p faces, so I'm leaving them :p

You can put the scryfall search patterns between code brackets ("[ code ]" and "[ / code ]" without the spaces).
Code:
o:"you control a" -o:planeswalker -o:commander c=1 (o:white or o:blue or o:black or o:red or o:green or o:plains or o:island or o:swamp or o:mountain or o:forest)

Well yeah, there are quite a few false positives, but fewer false negatives than with "you control a", and this is the sort of search you prefer to be comprehensive with and sift through the false positives.

Can you give me an example of what we're considering a false negative that isn't something like Quirion Dryad? I wasn't including those cards in the set of cards we were looking for, since all three examples cared about permanents.

And how the heck are we supposed to hit cards like

?

Are we trying to include this cycle?

?

I'm considering having a scry theme. What's the best way to go about this?

1) Just run a bunch of scry, along with the three cards that care about when you scry:

2) Use Surveil instead (which has more support cards to choose from, but is restricted to one set and one color pair):

3) Just errata all of the support cards to work for both scrying and surveilling (which might just involve sharpie-ing two to three cards, given how solid those mechanics are on their own).

4) Other?!?

I would go with route #1, probaby even just include Eligeth + Knowledge and Power. Beyond that though, you have a lot of cards that care about scrying without actually caring about scrying:

Future Sight
Aid from the Cowl
Call of the Wild
Proteus Staff
Conundrum Sphinx
Counterbalance
Dark Confidant
Dark tutelage
dryad greenseeker
lurking predators
pain seer
oracle of mul daya
reality scramble
skill borrower
polymorph
transmogrify
vivien's grizzly
selvala, explorer returned
... as well as most other cards with parley.
Even some kniship card might become playable if you got something with tribal going.

A scry theme is quite an interesting approach in general, because it's such a broad mechanic with such a broad set of cards that can interact with it. A classic {G/U} "top of library" archetpye is one way to go about it. Otherwise it's relatively easy to fit into a cube as background structure.

How many scry cards do you guys run? I have a shockingly low number of 5 lol

I'm currently running...

And I ought to be running:

12!

I probably should have more than that, smoothing is good. Suggestions?
All of the scry cards I just listed are good. I'd especially recommend the Cantrips, as they help blue decks get their game plans together in environments trying to increase variety. They let players can get to their important cards more often, meaning they will scrub out due to negative variance less often.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
The newest iteration? :) I REALLY like that actually. I ended up cutting my scry 3 for 2U because it was too powerful. But maybe investigate is better because it actually demands the first 5 mana to break even.

Yeah, the scry 2 version :) (in spoilers for those who don't want to see no custom cards in here ;)

nvA5PIP.jpg

How's Woe Strider?

I like the scrying with entrails part of it (it's so flavorful (wait that's not what I meant)). It's so much text though, and seemed a tad strong for my cube.
I have not played with the card much outside of in constructed. It does have a lot of text, but I find it to be intuitive. It's four abilities really end up feeling more like two abilities since the Token and Sac are playing in the same space and the Escape and Add counters are linked.

As for how it plays, I have never felt as though Woe Strider is too good. It's rarely the creature I'm looking to remove when I'm playing against it, as it's basically just a 3/2 Viscera Seer at face value. While it is good for supporting Dredge style strategies, I do not believe it would be too strong in that archetype space.

In either case, I'm excited to include Woe Strider in my next cube update. It's fun and powerful without being game warping or oppressive. It's just a good card.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, Train sums it up pretty well! It's a really lovely card. 3/2 is a superb statline for interactive play, from a cube design point of view, but it can feel bad to have 3 drops trade for 2 drops, since you're losing mana invested in the exchange. Woe Strider nicely dances around that issue because it has escape, making it a lot more palatable to suicide attack it. All around big recommend!

How's Woe Strider?

I like the scrying with entrails part of it (it's so flavorful (wait that's not what I meant)). It's so much text though, and seemed a tad strong for my cube.

I also decided that it was a tad too much for my cube specifically, if that is any help for your evaluation. But it is far from GRBS (looking at you Flesh Carver) so testing it won't upset anyone, I assume.