General CBS

I drafted a WB artifact token deck
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/63480377c2cdd60f76fd3a09

I started with an Urza's Saga and wanted to build something more grindy/staxy, but then the draft showed me The Raven Man, a card I love. I tried to find some discard effects and found Thoughtseize and IoK. Since the discard dried up, I went more into the artifact stuff presented and ended up with a weird hybrid of all the above.
Those are some of my favorite decks, since they show what the cube can do when things aren't optimal.

I was on the lookout for Currency Converter as a tutor target for Urza's Saga and a way to trigger The Raven Man, but noticed it wasn't in your list. Have you given it any consideration?

I started with an Urza's Saga and wanted to build something more grindy/staxy, but then the draft showed me The Raven Man, a card I love. I tried to find some discard effects and found Thoughtseize and IoK. Since the discard dried up, I went more into the artifact stuff presented and ended up with a weird hybrid of all the above.
Those are some of my favorite decks, since they show what the cube can do when things aren't optimal.

I was on the lookout for Currency Converter as a tutor target for Urza's Saga and a way to trigger The Raven Man, but noticed it wasn't in your list. Have you given it any consideration?
currency converter! big ups!

Tight, thanks for the draft. Unfortunately I don't really hop onto Discord much aside from when I do webcam EDH night or a movie night with my friends so good call on posting here for visibility. Discord is neat for anything voice related, but nothing beats a good old forum for cube talk.

I've definitely had players go into the 4-5C goodstuff decks over the years, it's something that most of my experienced drafters tend to try out every now and again if enough fixing comes back around to them. I have a fond memory of once getting absolutely by a purely manland + removal deck that I didn't even know existed in my cube at the time. Lesson learned after that as I've gotten used to prioritizing fixing early to streamline my decks, but some players still prefer to go for the shiny and cooler cards and it seems that Cobra bots do the same most times. My cube is mostly centered on 2 color decks with the chance to go into 3 pretty easily, anything beyond that requires more focus depending on the draft pod. Kind like how you could do the same back in KTK Limited where early prioritization of fixing let you just go apeshit with splashes. It's absolutely there though, so it's nice to see it come together every now and then.

Going with a Temur colored base seems to be the easiest way to make these happen, especially if you end up picking up Wrenn and Six or Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath to help fix your base as you did in this draft. Throw in the Jace, Vryn's Prodigy and you can definitely pull off an impression of the kinds of decks that existed during the KTK-BFZ Standard. Those three cards really let you branch out in a big way when combined with fetches for fixing and ended up being a big reason why did not include triomes except as squadron picks with tri-color cards. I do like having the goodstuff option available for players if they want to go down that route; it's part of why I've got Territorial Kavu and a few other cards here and there (really should get a Leyline Binding at some point) as rewards.

Unfortunately Cobra doesn't have the ability to do a Utility Land Draft but man I could see a loooot of potential going in on Sokenzan, Crucible of Defiance to pump out bodies or Takenuma, Abandoned Mire to get real grindy with it. I would love to see this go head to head with something like one of my RW or BW Aggro decks or a pure UW Control deck. Would be a fun match-up for sure.
you know, looking back at this draft, my removal is EXTREMELY sparse… kind of have to hope Uro goes over the top and save my vindicate for something really nasty

Good call, forgot I picked up a copy of Converter like a month back and it's just been sitting in the artifact section of my cube binder. I'll slot that in sometime next week once a few more cards arrive.

I thought about tagging you because I knew you would have the answer :)

To me this is legit art to use for a custom card (In this case a blue-green Tango Battle for Zendikar land) because it hasn't been used for an actual card then.

Thank you very much!

auebr59.png

hello and welcome to Disinformation Campaign (I'm sure I'm not the only one who wanted this change for years...)