General CBS

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I do like "Command"er as an idea for a cycle.
I get what you’re saying, but I think “Commander” is a really poor choice, because… well it’s a clearly defined word in the Magic lexicon and these aren’t legendary creatures that you can actually use as commander. Commando though… ;)

I looked at the stats of this card on Cube Cobra and it seems it's "often drafted with" every single card in my cube. Because I'm one of the very few 150 geniuses that run this fantastic card I'm skewing the results!
Well, skip the unique and sticker part and I agree. As it is, mwah.

Well, skip the unique and sticker part and I agree. As it is, mwah.
We should make a thread where we take this cards and just write them normally. We could also remove "Partner" and "This guy can be your commander" stuff.

"Whenever you create a token or put a counter on another permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on Tchotchke Elemental."

That's it.

personally i wanna put a bottle cap and a lego brick and a matryoshka doll and the tooth my kid lost last week on my elemental
Be my guest, but do not expect extras. That's just lame. Use anything you can as counters, but do not make a game out of it to bring as many different things that can be a counter with you and break the card.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Be my guest, but do not expect extras. That's just lame. Use anything you can as counters, but do not make a game out of it to bring as many different things that can be a counter with you and break the card.
Wow, you must be fun at parties :p I laughed at the "tooth my kid lost last week", but maybe that's just because I have kids myself XD

Wow, you must be fun at parties :p I laughed at the "tooth my kid lost last week", but maybe that's just because I have kids myself XD
As a parent myself: how funny is it for non-parents? Yes, I can be sarcastic, but honestly, it is only funny once to bring iron-on beads as counters/tokens. Is it mtg? Nope. As I said before, I love the idea of un(whatever). But is only funny when everyone comes unprepared. Otherwise it is just like competive play which cube tries to avoid (pay to play). Magic is the best game I know, sadly unless severely restricted it is pay to win which is no fun.

I
We should make a thread where we take this cards and just write them normally. We could also remove "Partner" and "This guy can be your commander" stuff.

"Whenever you create a token or put a counter on another permanent, put a +1/+1 counter on Tchotchke Elemental."

That's it.
I've actually been doing that with cards in my cube. Done it to a few cards now. Looks really clean. I use the import function on CardConjurer which will import a full card. Just add the frame.

I have Erinis, Gloom Stalker coming with "Choose a Background" (and the legend crown, oops!) removed.
sWrMXq4.png

Last edited:
Yeah, if it had trample then it would be rough, but as it stands I'm fine with letting it become a 6/6 on T4/T5. If a deck can't win against that with that much prep time then I don't want it to win.