General Chatcast topics

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
So, Eric and I do Skype calls every now and then, and I always find them pretty entertaining. We're thinking of streaming one this weekend. Anybody have requests for topics?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
How do you find a balance between including the cards you love and keeping the draft environment functional and coherent?

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Wait, we're streaming now? I thought we were podcasting! I'm so confused.

Also I still don't know when I'm free yet, but I'll email you.

15th card gimmicks!
3 drops: They kinda suck!
White Aggro: Committing to humans!
How does green midranged work without busted equipment?
Apparently we seem like jerks to the rest of the cube world!
Other kinds of red decks!
Homeownership!
How you guys met!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
15th card gimmicks!
3 drops: They kinda suck!
White Aggro: Committing to humans!
How does green midranged work without busted equipment?
Apparently we seem like jerks to the rest of the cube world!
Other kinds of red decks!
Homeownership!
How you guys met!

Oh man, good questions! You've got me excited!

I'm kinda really excited to bother you guys on stream, I haven't seen Eric in ages either so that should be fun. I hope I'm not playing baldurs II gate over skype while you guys do that. We all have our ways of staying in touch with friends in distant lands eh?

Looks like it is going to be very entertaining. I'm not going to be online to watch or hear it live, but I'm sure going to check it out later (assuming that you guys are going to record it and make it available).

CML

Contributor
i'm inviting myself to one of these

skype credits: i used to do poker lessons over this medium

Do you guys really think upheaval will be incredibusted with incredibly limited artifact ramp and common creatures?

Aoret

Developer
I really enjoyed the stream today guys. I only caught the tail end of it, but I plan on listening to the podcast version.

I really see this community growing (if slowly) into something even more awesome. Please do more of these! I'll be spreading the word to other enlightened, "liberal" cubers :D

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Here's an audio-only recording of the cast, unedited, with no post-production! Cause.. we're lazy.

http://riptidelab.com/files/podcast/riptidelabchat01.mp3

The first 38 minutes is us warming up and discussing mostly anything cube-related that comes to mind. We start answering the chatcast questions from this thread at around 37:45.

Again I'm sorry for my horrible mic. ughhhhhhhhh :( Will definitely scrounge up a better one if we do another cast.

VibeBox

Contributor
do this more often.
i know i haven't been around lately, but weekends are relatively free for me and i'd be all about chilling for a while with you guys on twitch

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know when we'll do another yet, but there will be more! Get your questions in, the spicier the better. P.S. this is open to all people, it can be something I've written about before, something tangential to cubing, whatever.

So far I have:
Powerful artifacts and the problem with Magic's card types

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Green archetypes - what decks are possible in base green? What decks are fun and/or make for good gameplay?
Fact or Fiction: too much fixing in a cube leads to all durdly midrange 4cc & 5cc decks
Cube power level - where do you draw the line?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Why don't more people run double mana lands? Some people run Ancient Tomb, but rarely do people run City of Traitors, Crystal Vein, Peat Bog, Remote Farm, Saprazzan Skerry, Hickory Woodlot or Sandstone Needle. They definitely never run Ruins of Trokair, Dwarven Ruins, Ebon Stronghold, Havenwood Battleground or Svyelunite Temple. These cards all do great work speeding up the game and creating tension in early rounds without requiring you to just run tons and tons of 1/2 mana non-aggro options. I like these cards a lot, how do you feel about them?

I am excited for this; however, please please get a better mic or do some sort of audio postproduction to level out the volume. I couldn't hear anything you were saying, Eric!

I think you should devote an entire episode to the different ways people sort their gold section.

I kid! I kid!