General Cockatrice Weekend Draft #4

What format should we play on Cockatrice, and when?

• Draft an official block or set! (i.e. Invasion block, 3x RoE, LRW/LRW/MOR, etc)

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Grab bag draft! (Three randomly selected players choose a set.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Auction Magic! (see link in the post)

• Cube draft! (we'll pick a cube when we play)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Casual format! (Tiny Leaders, Planechase, etc)

• Friday 2/20 7 pm MST

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday 2/21 12 pm MST

• Saturday 2/21 5 pm MST

• Sunday 2/22 1 pm MST

• Sunday 2/22 4 pm MST

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
(fucked up the poll first time I posted this)

Every two weekends, you know what happens!

Collapsing the thread into one poll again. People can discuss what cube to play when we're all online! Maybe we'll try getting together on the two most popular time slots.

VibeBox will probably coordinate and administrate the actual games. He's more enthusiastic and knows cockatrice better than I do.

Auction Magic is blowing up a little bit on MTGS. The game is described on Remaking Magic episode 4 and discussed again in episode 6; the rules are here: http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/...39-auction-magic-a-new-format-as-discussed-on

It's not? I heard vibebox has been doing random die rolls for grab bag draft lately, but my first exposure to the phenomenon was 2 drafts where 3 random players chose a set apiece.

If that's the wrong way, it would explain why some people joined and asked "What are the sets?" as if they were already supposed to be chosen.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I think with paper grab bag drafts, the organizer brings all different packs, or alternately every player contributes any three packs of their choice. So if it's an 8-man, you could have as many as 24 different sets represented.

That's probably impossible online with draft sites like drafts.in, so picking three sets - where everyone sees the same set in each pack - is a way to simulate the grab bag experience.

Uh, so we coulda done a Friday one, but I was on the road wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy longer than I expected to be. I got home about an hour after we would have theoretically started.

So sunday it is! The two time slots on sunday are tied, so por que no los dos? We'll start drafting at 1 and just keep going... starting a new draft at 4ish or whenever we finish the first one.

On cockatrice, the room name is Cube Lab! No password on it.

In 3 hours we'll do another one if there's still people around.

VibeBox

Contributor
I think with paper grab bag drafts, the organizer brings all different packs, or alternately every player contributes any three packs of their choice. So if it's an 8-man, you could have as many as 24 different sets represented.

That's probably impossible online with draft sites like drafts.in, so picking three sets - where everyone sees the same set in each pack - is a way to simulate the grab bag experience.

yeah sadly a true grab bag or chaos draft is impossible on drafts.in
it's too bad because it would be sweet

i was asleep for the first draft but i'll be on and we'll do some stuff. git in here everbody!

VibeBox

Contributor
also, i think we'd have more success organizing these things if we had a more permanent "events thread" or something and just use weekly threads for polling