Card/Deck Control Cards that other decks will play

Disagree!
I mean if youre running powermax, youre obviously gonna just run portalquake instead. But theres plenty of environs where blasact is a great wrath for red, and it has unique features that give it synergistic angles.

Blasphemous Act is great over here. The combo with Soulfire/Reckoner is sweet, but not essential to its value. Even decks that aren't full "go-wide aggro" tend to have 2-3 bodies on-board (at least over here) whereas control will typically have 0-2 little value bodies to feed the wrath as well in a must-clear scenario. I've cast it for 1 mana several times, and I'd say the average cost is probably 4~5, but even 6 is a good cost in my books. I dislike 4-mana sweepers these days that aren't conditional. I think 5-6 mana is pretty ideal for wraths to give aggro space and make demands of control (which has a strong game over here), but that's just my format's experience. Idk what yall have going on that a wrath that gets cheaper the more screwed you are isn't a good deal, but I love it personally.

Is it maybe time to do a overhaul of our sweet-spells section and just absolutely purge the four cmc slot? Like, that is a pretty crowded place at the moment. I'm not the only one that has seen a bunch of control decks being built from my cube as "brainstorm and four drops".

It's too bad that so much good control material is there, with cards like FoF (should it go?) and sweepers.

I'd probably rather see control players stock up on charms and cheap removal.

most decks will play a copy of compulsive research if they can manage the colours.
If your spell velocity is pretty good or you are filling your graveyard somehow the same also applies to tarmagoyf.