CubeTutor Spotlight

VibeBox

Contributor
today i mock drafted literally the most flavorful cube i've ever seen and it inspired me to post this thread.

itt: post the best cubes you come across on cube tutor for other addicts to check out and mock draft

VibeBox

Contributor
http://cubetutor.com/cubeblog/10432

Desert Cube:
Welcome to Agrabah, the plane that has not seen a drop of rain in five years. Without life's most precious resource, the once great civilizations of Agrabah crumbled to dust. In the wake of this environmental disaster came a rash of war and famine so dire that the population of Agrabah is now a tenth of what it was just a half decade before. Those who remain struggle for survival under the merciless Agrabah sun, wandering nomadically from one broken landscape to the next, in search of something to sustain them until rain comes again. All but the most wary of these refugees fall victim to the heat, or the sand wurms, or - worst of all - the raiders, who take what they want and race the climate itself to be the one to kill the last living thing on Agrabah. Scattered among the ruins of Agrabah's cities, and half-buried in the sweeping desert sands lie derelict power stones and abandoned automata. These artifacts were once the pride of Agrabah, the wonders of its technology. Now they lie dormant, the power and skill to operate them lost in the recent armageddon. Those in control of the few remaining sources of water try to barricade themselves off from the nomads and the raiders, working desperately to maintain the last vestiges of knowledge and culture their world once produced. They pour over books and scrolls, seeking some way to end the drought that threatens Agrabah's very existence. Now that you find yourself in this arid hell, you must decide how you will try to survive. Resources do not come easy, and those who do not plan and conserve quickly perish. Will you gather what resources you can and try to preserve what remains of civilization? Will you labor to restore some fertility to the barren sands? Will you unite the hordes of nomads and help them to persist until the drought ends? Will you unlock the secrets of the rusted machines that comprise the last legacy of Agrabah's once-glorious past? Will you joint the raiders in the wastes, preying upon anyone unlucky enough to cross your path? Or will you - like so many of the bereft, the spiteful, the mad denizens of Agrabah before you - curse the cloudless sky, and watch the world burn?

check it out, it's seriously cool and i hope this dude uploads more

VibeBox

Contributor
i was the degenerate who played a bunch of the jhoira format on modo so creatureless is pretty boss to me

tbh i've kind of always thought creatures did more to narrow the scope of the game than anything else

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Its disturbingly familiar. At the risk of sounding conceited, its hard to believe its coincidental. I see influences from a variety of the riptide cubes here, but put together into a really interesting and unique piece of work.

I love the feeling of dread tech in there, it may get stolen.

Its disturbingly familiar. At the risk of sounding conceited, its hard to believe its coincidental. I see influences from a variety of the riptide cubes here, but put together into a really interesting and unique piece of work.

Double Volt Charge! I claim responsibility!!!! :p

Seriously though, I would be somewhat surprised to learn that this cube was purely a case of parallel design, though it is possible. among other things, 3 crawlers + double fetch double shock is pretty distinctive..

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Double Volt Charge! I claim responsibility!!!! :p

Seriously though, I would be somewhat surprised to learn that this cube was purely a case of parallel design, though it is possible. among other things, 3 crawlers + double fetch double shock is pretty distinctive..

Shiiit, double Volt Charge is straight from Eldrazi Domain.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man I just got a good chuckle from the Desert cube. Actual out loud laughter. I thought Jonas was joking about the "28 Kindles" until I saw the list.

It looks like it's supposed to be drafted in 17 card packs, fwiw.

E: actually, it looks like the author's testing 18 card packs at the moment.