General Custom Cards: The Lab

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Where? I went through his github download and I can't find anything with "Extended", and it doesn't look like it's been folded into the mainframe templates.

There's the "Puma" option that I'd been using, but that doesn't have the smaller text box, it just lets the art bleed

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Where? I went through his github download and I can't find anything with "Extended", and it doesn't look like it's been folded into the mainframe templates.

There's the "Puma" option that I'd been using, but that doesn't have the smaller text box, it just lets the art bleed
The mainframe template has a fullart option, as well as a borderless option, depending on which variant you want. You can see the various options when you hit the Style button.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Yeah none of those do what I want here
Okay forgive my MS paint skills:

Compairons.jpg
Jesus the card conjurer version got destroyed in the conversion here, but notice how the text box is smaller, but you still have the black frame on the edges, and you get the opaque text box unlike the full art option?

It's the frame they used for Commander Legends:
0f0e6ff7-eed1-4965-813f-00d92fb48a1e.jpg
345fd005-5052-4500-a260-3649500e21f4.jpg
cd33c0f5-5545-477a-9185-53c707983795.jpg
be2b4177-e47c-4dde-9ead-31b7602065ec.jpg

That's the one I haven't been able to find on MSE

Okay having looked a scooch deeper, there's a TallTokens frame, but it's for tokens (duh) and there isn't a corresponding tall....cards? frame

Last edited:

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Okay, so while hardly the average case scenario, I did in my last cube draft play against someone who never downticked my T3feri edit:

097 - Teferi Timecrafter.jpg
Sometimes I wonder about the value of the change I've made here. There's so many words on this thing, and Honestly what I kinda wanted was better repulse?

If I just add 1UW, instant
Return target nonland permanent to its owners hand.
Draw a card.

What am I really missing out on here?
-Sun Titan, +snapcaster mage?
The flash passive?

Edit: Okay lets look at this less abstractly:
Rebuff.jpg

Last edited:
Does rebuff have to cost three? Would {U}{W} really be that overbearing, especially considering your highly custom environment?
Honestly, isn't too farfetched by today's design standards. If you squint hard enough, Petty Theft is {1}{U} to bounce and draw a 3mv 3/1 flier, just can't abuse with Snapcaster et al. Factor in your custom environment, and it seems perfectly on-par

Hmm, on reconsideration, not sure what {W}-thing the card does, the effects are still mono-{U}. The {W} in T3feri is more associated with the opponent timing restriction.

Just tag "You gain 2 life." to the end ;)

If you want to go back to your original idea of an altered Teferi, Time Raveler, you could swap the original static for part of Tithe Taker's:
Teferi, Timecrafter.jpg

(1) It reduces the words, and (2) there is less tension between the two choices, making the -3 the typical choice again (based on the interest of this being a fancy repulse.)

Going with the Instant version, though I was originally joking about tagging " you gain 2 life" to the end, it helps with stabilizing. Agree with Brad on the 1WU cost for that version.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
That's actually a sweet alter for T3feri. That passive is a lot less annoying and prone for abuse than the real one.
Card is SO CLOSE to being mostly fine. A lot of magic "mistakes" (skullclamp, Oko, etc) are

If you want to go back to your original idea of an altered Teferi, Time Raveler, you could swap the original static for part of Tithe Taker's:
View attachment 5327

(1) It reduces the words, and (2) there is less tension between the two choices, making the -3 the typical choice again (based on the interest of this being a fancy repulse.)

Going with the Instant version, though I was originally joking about tagging " you gain 2 life" to the end, it helps with stabilizing. Agree with Brad on the 1WU cost for that version.
This is a good shout.
I think my favorite is Sigh's actually, this costing 2 makes me excited :D

Hey, Custom Carders. Dumbass here.
You guys convinced me to get the artist names on my cards last time. I deleted them off my phone and then never downloaded them with names onto my computer. I've since lost and re-found most of the images. However, I wasn't able to find this one.
artificer_2021-07-03t07-36-25-362z20216303625-jpeg.4694

I need help finding this art.
Details:
Probably from Reddit. (I looked through a lot of r/Imaginary[Whatever] and didn't find it.}
The right side of the image is cropped out, so reverse image searching didn't work.
I found it in Late June-Early July 2021.

I lost a couple of the other images, too, but found them replaceable.

Last edited: