Sets [DMU] Dominaria United Spoilers

Meria-Scholar-of-Antiquity-DMU-265.jpg

What a weird card in Gruul. I'm sure someone here will be into this, though.
Hi there.. :B (Always looking for interesting gold stuff for my artifact cube..this will fit the bill very nicely in Gruul.)

Speaking of cards with good art...
theelderdragonwar.jpg

The Elder Dragon War is a fantastic Saga. I've seen some people discuss using this card for reactive midrange and control strategies since it can wipe away aggressive threats from the opponent, provide card selection, and make a reasonable threat in its own right. I like how the Read Ahead ability lets you skip the board wipe if you're using this as an aggressive top end. It makes this card more flexible and more playable than it would have been working with the normal saga rules.

@Dom Harvey does this look like something that could be good in the upcoming Standard format?
This is an intriguing design. Chapter 1 is almost a “sideboard” card: excellent against certain decks but irrelevant against others. I would love to see other read ahead sagas with similarly niche chapter 1, for example destroy target enchantment or artifact.

It also reminds me of modal cards like Collective Brutality orInscription of Insight, but instead of paying cards or mana you are paying time.

My initial response to read ahead was negative, but I think this is because people who read ahead in actual books are scoundrels who should have their library cards revoked.

Pictures are too large to upload here.
There is a new cycle of lands in this set.

They have both Basic land types like the Shock lands. But they always ETB tapped. All 10 in the set.
Rarity: Common

I'd rather use the snow lands for Kaldheim to do this (for art and aesthetic purposes), but if you want to use legit Magic cards and double sleeve your cube anyways, you could always make the custom inner-sleeves from Alter Sleeves for $6 a pop to easily obscure the CITP part of these duals.

Example of what the inner sleeve would look like:

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 4.34.37 AM.png

Example of what the final product would look like:

sdfkjlsdkf.png

Very clean and will keep the same thickness and card-feel as all your other cards (unless your entire cube is already proxied).

I'd rather use the snow lands for Kaldheim to do this (for art and aesthetic purposes), but if you want to use legit Magic cards and double sleeve your cube anyways, you could always make the custom inner-sleeves from Alter Sleeves for $6 a pop to easily obscure the CITP part of these duals.

Example of what the inner sleeve would look like:

View attachment 7265

Example of what the final product would look like:

View attachment 7266

Very clean and will keep the same thickness and card-feel as all your other cards (unless your entire cube is already proxied).
Clever! Do you have a photo of what this looks like IRL?

I've got to say, this set's in the running for the best basic land quality card-for-card. There's not a loser in the bunch, and all of these below are close to the premiere basics printed imo. The last few years of Magic has given us endless riches when it comes to basic lands, especially in their world-building and immersive efforts, and I'm very grateful.

en_aPxfJnYxxm.pngen_tp6ZzeuTNm.pngen_mDjOxATAir.pngen_2KKpG2Gdv0.pngen_tu9kWX2fKc.png

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I've got to say, this set's in the running for the best basic land quality card-for-card. There's not a loser in the bunch, and all of these below are close to the premiere basics printed imo. The last few years of Magic has given us endless riches when it comes to basic lands, especially in their world-building and immersive efforts, and I'm very grateful.

View attachment 7274View attachment 7275View attachment 7276View attachment 7277View attachment 7278
I don't know how to feel about new Seb McKinnon art :/