General Do you like Tangle Wire games?

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
They're ok games. It’s probably the best prison card in the sense that it’s only a temporary and partial lockout, so you get the prison card thrill while leaving behind only a partially bad aftertaste. It’s probably a question of how desirable that effect is v. how much your players will be bothered by that aftertaste.

It is a weird card though as it’s not really explicitly wanted by any deck, yet at the same time doesn’t really encourage creativity—it just is, like some benign vestigial reminder of the dark days when winter orb and static orb roamed the earth.

Yes. It can lead to some interesting decisions and is only temporary unless shenanigans. And if it doesn't lead to interesting decisions, tapping all your lands and passing the turn only takes seconds.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I was looking for a card to cut. I like Tangle Wire but don't view it as essential and wanted to put a nonaggro card in the slot for now. I'm sure it will be back someday.

What if you got rid of Crucible? I know you wanted to 86 an aggro card, but does Crucible really do amazing things outside Loam decks (or recycling wasteland which isn't fun anyway)?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Crucible is an option. My cube is super unoptimized right now, mostly because so many things are in flux concurrently. I don't have anything I'm comfortable with "publishing" at the moment.

Orb is out currently so no such combo exists.

I remember seriously disliking some of them. Is it an easy card to get out from under? I guess if it had a smaller impact I'd like it more.
I think I've loved playing it too though.
Anyone ever play any extended?

I can't tell if I like playing against skull clamp or tangle wire more.

Tangle wire depends on what you have on hand/in play, whilst skullclamp depends more on what you have in your deck. A t3 Tangle Wire against a deck that hasn't played anything can be very good, sure, but weren't you going to win that game anyway, unless they were just waiting for their wrath? I like Tangle wire, both in aggro decks and in more mid-range or controllish decks, since it might actually help you stabilize pretty well, if you had one or two removals on the first two turns.