Sets (ELD) Throne of Eldraine Testing and Includes thread.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
You know, I do run artifacts in esper, and I've got a penchant for running likely unnecessary 3color cards.
en_oZAgJ1hknq.png

Do you think this works better than like, Sharuum?

For an Esper shell? I think Sharuum is probably better because she's an artifact herself + the card is really buying back an artifact with a kicker that gives you a 5/5 flyer. I think the artifact/enchantment synergies on this are cute in cube but way more effective in a Brawl/EDH environment where you have more time to assemble your engines after T4/T5. I like it more as a weird flying lord than an artifact signpost.

Hey all, I gotta ask (and I promise this will be the only time I am asking) but

Do you guys think it is good or bad that we have two threads for each set? (1 for spoilers and discussions and 1 for includes)

I remember reading the argument that goes something like this: “We should make a second thread for each set that only contains includes because this would help players from MTG Salvation have an easier transaction from that closing site to Riptide.” and since that site is no longer closing, I thought I would engage this one last time.

Thoughts?

I don't mind it. It's not like this forum is swarming with activity, and when it comes to looking back to revisit a set 6 months or a year down the line, a thread like this is a lot easier to wade through than the off-topic rambling we inevitably get up to in the spoiler threads.

Hey all, I gotta ask (and I promise this will be the only time I am asking) but

Do you guys think it is good or bad that we have two threads for each set? (1 for spoilers and discussions and 1 for includes)

I remember reading the argument that goes something like this: “We should make a second thread for each set that only contains includes because this would help players from MTG Salvation have an easier transaction from that closing site to Riptide.” and since that site is no longer closing, I thought I would engage this one last time.

Thoughts?

I pretty much only start these because I want an easy-to-find place with all of people's adds. It makes it easier to synthesize data.

I ended up adding two more cards, which makes this set extremely good for my cube with 6 additions so far.

The Prince is basically a more flexible Lone Missionary, and all three modes fit my cube. I also now like his flavor, since I got the joke with "charm" hehe. The Faerie got in since I realized I had one open slot in blue currently for a creature.

Do you guys have any results on the following cards?:

I'm interested in both of them, but gold cards need to be real hits to get one of the few precious slots.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Improbably Alliance has been super fun in testing. Unfortunately I cut {U}{R} from my new cube. Would have been a slam dunk otherwise.

What would you say, how many draw effects does a deck need to make this card worthy of the word "build around"? Because I don't think relying on it's own activated ability is a clever strategy :D

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
A few looters and cantrips go a long way. I think two other repeatable card draw engines and 4-5 cantrips is enough?

I ended up adding two more cards, which makes this set extremely good for my cube with 6 additions so far.

The Prince is basically a more flexible Lone Missionary, and all three modes fit my cube. I also now like his flavor, since I got the joke with "charm" hehe. The Faerie got in since I realized I had one open slot in blue currently for a creature.

Do you guys have any results on the following cards?:

I'm interested in both of them, but gold cards need to be real hits to get one of the few precious slots.
Savvy Hunter seems super cool, and it is backbreaking in ELD limited. I'd say give it a test if you like!

Improbable Alliance is definitely a hit. It is at it's best as a build around, but pretty much any base U/R deck is happy to pick it up at any point in the draft, even without necessarily having the ability to use it to it's fullest extent. It's that good, but it's not broken. It's going in my next update without as much as a second thought.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Currently testing adventure cards. Haven't seen a lot of them yet, but one I am certainly looking to make room for is Shepherd of the Flock. Excellent stats for aggressive decks, and great at rebuying or protecting stuff! I mean, look at this list, it's right at home!

Customs:
Kor Skyfisher (artifact and can't bounce itself in my cube)
Raise the Alarm (Pick the Wrong Fight: rebound, create a 1/1 Monk token with prowess)
Fieldmist Borderpost (Fieldvein Borderpost: taps for {B} or {W})

I'm a bit afraid of wary of including Creatures with Adventures for complexity reasons, even though many of them are cool. Therefore, I'm including very little from Eldraine, and luckily I opened both in the prerelease:

Also I want to test the Castles:

Has anyone tried the castles or even played with them in limited?

I know, kinda late to the party, but recently I finally got around for 2 drafts again and I have to say I'm very happy with my inclusions from what I've seen so far, especially the Adventure creatures. Order of Midnight and Hypnotic Sprite habe been super sweet versions of staple effects with cheap flyers added, so great roleplayers in their decks. And while I first was sceptical of Beanstalk Giant, he became the star of my jund ramp deck. Early ramp that grants you a free enormous threat later is really powerful, and he often could kill opponents with 2 punches. Almost reminded me of a fair Primetime. And I only lost the last match in the finals because he got Confiscated and then beat me.