General Eldrazi Domain CubeTutor decks

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
One thing I like about Manlands is that they subtly encourage players to think about the colors they are playing. Like Keyrunes, they're pretty awful for your "splash" colors, effectively just being guildgates.

I could see adding a redundant 5 enemy shocklands, since the battleland cycle is allied-only.

Exotic Orchard

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
6ScyP6Y.jpg

I agree on Nova Chaser but probably Hellrider or Ogre Battledriver for the other, those are pretty redundant with Hero of Oxid Ridge and Shaman of the Great Hunt, both of which I prefer.

I like Ember Swallower, it's pretty unique.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Hero of Oxid Ridge is funny versus eldrazi scions, Hellrider and Ogre Battledriver (and Hero as well, I guess) are good with Scions. Isn't Keldon Champion the haste dude of choice that does not really have a role in the archetypes of the cube?

I'ld cut Keldon Champion and Nova Chaser.

There are other four drops that are pretty cool and potentially more interesting than some of the ones you picked here though, like Pia and Kiran Nalaar and Krenko, Mob Boss.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Keldon Champion is a dude to be sac'd, or Morbid on demand. I ended up cutting Hellrider, was too redundant. I like Ember Swallower as a creature that doesn't need to attack.

Nova Chaser will surely provide some good stories.

Keldon Champion is good at triggering morbid. Hellrider, Hero, Ogre Battledriver and Shaman all reward you for scion/spawn shenanigans but imo Hero and Shaman are the most interesting because of Hero's interaction with defending spawns and Shaman's +1/+1 counter effect and activated ability.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Drafted this:

GB midrangey whatnot from CubeTutor.com

Deathreap ritual was an early pick that sent me in this direction, I think it's a good incentive card.
edit: hmm, I can't play grixis blade thing. From my sideboard, these are the cards I can play without splashing: experiment one, bloodghast, farseek, firespout, gift of orzhova, blasting station, black sun's zenith. I think bloodghast should be in here. Maybe cut something for blasting station?
edit 2: oh right, cut domri. Can't cast him either. the only fixers I got were a UR dual and a UG dual.
edit 3: fixed deck. No more red cards.

I think it's clear that, since we are all picking fixing highly, the AI is trained to pick fixing highly, so everyone is having to pick fixing highly. The fixing count really does need to go up. Hopefully the recent doubling on shocks has helped that.

Maybe Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury for Garruk's spot? I really think he is a notch over everything else.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's clear that, since we are all picking fixing highly, the AI is trained to pick fixing highly, so everyone is having to pick fixing highly. The fixing count really does need to go up. Hopefully the recent doubling on shocks has helped that.

Maybe Freyalise, Llanowar's Fury for Garruk's spot? I really think he is a notch over everything else.

I have a theory that the AI is over-picking mana at this point. If you guys are complaining about only getting 2 lands, something has gone wrong in the algorithm. We're up to the equivalent of like 48 fixers per draft, or 6 a player on average.

I have a theory that the AI is over-picking mana at this point. If you guys are complaining about only getting 2 lands, something has gone wrong in the algorithm. We're up to the equivalent of like 48 fixers per draft, or 6 a player on average.
I think this theory holds water, I have been running into this issue since I put my cube up, most likely because I pick lands highly.

As an ancillary note: how does the AI know what color lands to pick if you just have them mashed in the 'lands' blob? Does it have a color identity still, or does the AI just randomly snatch stuff up?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Having access to many lands definitely leads me to draft tons of colors. Now that the lands are drying up I have to draft coherently, and that's probably better for testing the cube.