Card/Deck Enchantress?

The way it played out in the decks I had it was a toolbox that could fetch either a card like parallax wave or a removal spell. If you're running a god like keranos, god of storms you can threaten to fetch that a well, because if you land rector your opponent could have to think about how they're attacking. I was playing against a jund pod player against my boros deck, and he lost after he let me pop my rector to get parallax wave and just oblivion ring away his team for an alpha strike.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Lingering Death was always pretty mediocre in limited. Does no one remember playing with it? Seriously, Reciprocate is a better card, and no one would consider cubing that!

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Oh, I'm not saying you should cube with it. It just is that is the most mild condition attached to black 2cc removal at common. To get unconditional kill effects you have to go up to 3cc, or be willing to pay {B}{B}.

White is way better 100% of the time, as you get journey to nowhere. Lingering death just seems a bit picante for black at that rarity.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Oh, I'm not saying you should cube with it. It just is that is the most mild condition attached to black 2cc removal at common. To get unconditional kill effects you have to go up to 3cc, or be willing to pay {B}{B}.

White is way better 100% of the time, as you get journey to nowhere. Lingering death just seems a bit picante for black at that rarity.

Journey is the exception usually, (Pacifism is oh so slightly worse) and they do both have downsides

Hi everyone! A bit of necroposting here, since I'm looking at my cube and thinking that when I first built it, my favourite archetype was Enchantress (with Argothian Enchantress, Replenish, Serra's Sanctum and stuff like that, not the Kor Spiritdancer and Slippery Bogle version). Anyway, I cut most of the cards only because there weren't enough reasons to move into the archetype and I tried to force it a pair of times but it never was enough.

Now that I'm powering down my cube, and with the new cards from MH2 maybe we could build something interesting. Does somebody in the forum run these cards in their cube? How do you find them?

I'd start by seeing how many enchantment creatures are around the desired power level, as those should be really easy to slot in without being parasitic. Making a lot of the removal enchantment based isn't too difficult and offers an opportunity to cast auras without as much worrying about an instant speed blowout.

The worry with the theme is that it's essentially tribal, so you've got to be careful with how many extremely narrow cards make their way in. Other than that, it should be pretty easy if you're at the right power level.