General Fight Club

I guess we should just call it ‘bat’ then because bats make bats :p

And Batman fights crime and takes the fault whenever a scapegoat is needed.

I was reading back up through the thread, and just assumed because this was Riptide lab, everyone knew without any reference that Batman was to Skeletal Vampire. I was a little surprised to see that wasn't the case.

I guess we now refer to Skeletal Vampire as Adam West?

Man why didn't you just say that when I asked why we called it Batman? :) (don't answer that... :D)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So, I'm currently digging the two mana discard spells in black, specifically Collective Brutality and Transgress the Mind. I haven't been as pleased with Strongarm Tactics, and I'm looking for a replacement. I'm looking for a sorcery here, so I have identified three likely candidates. Which one would you recommend for my cube, and why?

First some stats:
50/450 legendary cards
93/450 cards per color (including multicolor cards)
95/450 colorless cards (including nonbasic lands)
94/450 multicolor cards (across all colors)

I'd go with Lost Hours because anything from Time Spiral block is automatically cool to me. However it's a bit weird in not fully getting rid of the card, so it doesn't fit as well in grindy midrange or control decks that care about CA over tempo. Also, it's the kind of card that some players might look at and think, "that's so bad, they're still going to draw into it eventually!" Learning to think like your least experienced player has been really helpful to me.

So if you decide Lost Hours is too wacky, I'd choose Lay Bare the Heart over Addle because it's going to miss way less (which feels pretty terrible), and you already have Transgress the Mind to snag big legendary creatures.

I've run Lost Hours for some time. Can't actually say how good it is, because it looks quite bad. No one picked it on purpose, no one played it. My feeling is that it's meh in aggro for disruption, and bad everywhere else. Discard is already a bad topdeck, and does not need the extra issue of being a temporary solution, IMO.

I think Lay Bare the Heart is the only option here that will see consistent play.

thoughterasure2.jpg