General Fight Club

Choose 2
Spoiler is from WAR

mayhemdevil1.jpg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Honestly I'm going to throw my vote in for Judy. A big part of these blood artist like effects is creatures die in all sorts of ways all the time. Mayhem devil only works when you have a working sac outlet, which is a bit of a win more.

I get that it works with fetchlands and stuff like Goblin Cratermaker but I'm just not seeing it.

Sai for sure. Sai is a better artifacts matter payoff, while still being an enabler himself. Grand Architect is a weird enabler, and although he can be very powerful, ultimately he's just a ramp spell with a blue Honor the Pure attached.

I think one could also make the argument for both.
Choose 2
Spoiler is from WAR

mayhemdevil1.jpg
Blazing Hellhound sucks. Defiler of Souls of souls is ok, but it's pretty clunky in my opinion. I'm a +1 on Judith or Fireblade Artist.

Yeah, Hellhound is probably just not good, and I am also not sure about the Defiler. Lyzolda is the card I just cut though, because she doesn't work with white or green or colorless creatures.
She was good and all but discouraged splashes, which just felt a bit limiting.
Aristocrat snd Judith both feel a little bit too strong, especially for deck that's already sick with Nantuko Husk.
Fireblade doesn't exite me, since the deck is more grindy in my meta currently.
Hmm, what about this guy here?

Easy Sai. I could see an argument for the Vedalken, if your artifact decks are mostly mono blue.
In case you don't have it, my number one artifact payoff in blue is always this:

You get most of it's power with just one mana rock, but it gets extra spice in a heavy commited deck. Also helps enabling other payoffs.

Yeah, Hellhound is probably just not good, and I am also not sure about the Defiler. Lyzolda is the card I just cut though, because she doesn't work with white or green or colorless creatures.
She was good and all but discouraged splashes, which just felt a bit limiting.
Aristocrat snd Judith both feel a little bit too strong, especially for deck that's already sick with Nantuko Husk.
Fireblade doesn't exite me, since the deck is more grindy in my meta currently.
Hmm, what about this guy here?

Brawl-Bash Ogre requires a really low power level to be actively good in my opinion.

Maybe instead of trying an enabler for this slot, consider a payoff:

I've been testing this guy in my cube, and he is really, really good. He can sometimes even be a 3-for-1 with a little bit of setup. Probably the best thing about redcap is that he doesn't require an aristocrats shell to be playable, he just gets much better when his persist ability can be abused. I've even been able to make red/white aristocrats decks work in testing using Murderous Redcap, Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit, and Goblin Bombardment for infinite damage as early as turn 4. It is pretty sweet.

I count hybrids and gold cards seperately :)

Also, I'd really like to have a sac outlet next to Mayhem Devil. If you guys don't like the Ogre, Hound and Demon, I'll put Lyzolda back in. Thanks everyone!

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I count hybrids and gold cards seperately :)

Also, I'd really like to have a sac outlet next to Mayhem Devil. If you guys don't like the Ogre, Hound and Demon, I'll put Lyzolda back in. Thanks everyone!

If you want a sac outlet in RB, then there is only one that hasn't been mentioned that should fit the bill:

He has been doing solid work in the Inventor's Fair cube. He does pretty much everything Lyzolda does but costs one less and doesn't restrict you to just black and red creatures. The ability to bring him back may not get used very often, but it is surprisingly helpful when you need to eek through those last points of damage.

Plus you get great meme value out of him as well, which is what we all want right?
B1dSj3lIEAATcHs.jpg

That one is interesting. And I always highly appreciate the meme value of cards, but I fear, I don't get this one :/

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
That one is interesting. And I always highly appreciate the meme value of cards, but I fear, I don't get this one :/

He's Tymaret the Burger King
(Is that a north america thing?)
Yeah, it probably is just a North America thing. We don't really even have a Burger King here, as they rebranded it as Hungry Jacks here for some unknown reason. I guess I just see it in a lot of the media I watch, which is part of the problem with American media, they make it seem like they are the only place that exists on this planet and when you see anything that comes from there you just assume that it exists everywhere else that isn't your own country.

Or maybe that is just an Australian thing and we get saturated with too much US and UK stuff as we want to be more like what we aren't than what we can be ourselves.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Wait there's burger king here in Sweden atleast.

Oh yeah, there's plenty of Burger Kings all over Europe, but I don't think I've ever seen one of their ads feature the actual Burger King, like they do in the United States. Like, this dude:

theking-reasonwhy.es_.jpg

Never seen him in the Netherlands, at least not that I can remember.

Oh yeah, there's plenty of Burger Kings all over Europe, but I don't think I've ever seen one of their ads feature the actual Burger King, like they do in the United States. Like, this dude:

Aah yes, good point! The mascot might actually be more of an american thing. Here I think the ads are mostly just people eating the burgers?

In Denmark the commercials for McDonalds and Burger King are exactly the same: Burgers being made and burgers being ready for eating. Never actually any eating any burgers. Also McDonalds are doing those weird “It is okay to work at a McDonalds” commercials because it is otherwise looked down upon. They want it to look cool somehow.

Also McDonalds are doing those weird “It is okay to work at a McDonalds” commercials because it is otherwise looked down upon. They want it to look cool somehow.

We've had those too! They want to really sell the idea that they're providing plenty of job opportunities for the youth (which is true, I suppose? But still, that's how they're selling their burgers).