General Fight Club

i run it in my mid power environment and really enjoy it. the ability to sac artifacts makes it versatile enough to be OK with the costed sac outlet. plenty of decks get good use from it.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I'm gonna post mine just to be different:
rT44qj4.jpg

Mostly the your turn clause lets pillar of flame et all actually work on gravecrawler et al

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I'm gonna post mine just to be different

Nitpick: It should be "Activate this ability only on your turn."

Good design though!

For what it's worth, I've really liked Makeshift Munitions in my cube, it's a solid card! I run it and Weaponize the Monsters as my two Bombardment variants in my cube. Weaponize is surprisingly solid, because it's super cheap up front, and 2 damage is actually a lot.

that's how I feel about Molten Vortex in the double loam environment I have.

super cheap to put into play, easy to feed, activation cost keeps it from being oppressive. I kind of wish it said "Discard or Sacrifice" but "all my lands are shocks" is a pretty ok way to win the kinds of top-deck wars red decks sometimes find themselves in.

I like custom cards.

But please keep them in the correct thread made for them:
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/custom-cards-the-lab.403/

People who dislike custom cards shouldn’t have to see them. However I do not only have complaints but I also have the solution :)

The easy solution that will make everyone happy is to simply say “If you like custom cards, I have a custom version in my cube. I have posted it here (and then link to the thread). In this way the person who should see the custom card can click the link and the rest can ignore the comment :)

This comment is not 100 % directed at you. It’s more of a general thing. I think this would greatly enhance the experience for most people in here. I also worry Riptidelab becomes too custom if we post custom cards all over the place. It is also a good way to scare away new users who comes here thinking this is a regular cube forum for smart people :p

Cheers <3

Velrun: "POST SPOILERS EVERYWHERE!!!"
Also Velrun:
I like custom cards.

But please keep them in the correct thread made for them:
https://riptidelab.com/forum/threads/custom-cards-the-lab.403/

People who dislike custom cards shouldn’t have to see them. However I do not only have complaints but I also have the solution :)

The easy solution that will make everyone happy is to simply say “If you like custom cards, I have a custom version in my cube. I have posted it here (and then link to the thread). In this way the person who should see the custom card can click the link and the rest can ignore the comment :)

This comment is not 100 % directed at you. It’s more of a general thing. I think this would greatly enhance the experience for most people in here. I also worry Riptidelab becomes too custom if we post custom cards all over the place. It is also a good way to scare away new users who comes here thinking this is a regular cube forum for smart people :p

Cheers <3

1. I never shout :) I am always very calm, rational and with composure.
2. I did not order anyone to ‘do’ anything but simply created a poll to see if people wanted to remove the ban on mentioning new cards after they got spoiled but before they could be purchased in stores.
3. I am thinking of others when I kindly ask people to not post custom cards in non-custom threads in order to help the website for everyone. Especially for new users.

Also I love you as my no. 4.

Gather the Townsfolk makes humans and humans is a great, easy archetype to add to most cubes. I think it might be too high power for your cube so I would just take the Raise the Alarm instead.

If you don't care about humans, Raise the Alarm has the advantage of making two blockers out of nowhere, or just flashing in a pair of 1/1s during Villain's end step. I've found that Fateful Hour doesn't really have that much play to it, but that could just be me.

So yeah, the Instant one.

Hope Tender seems decent if your format supports bears as legitimate attackers and has bounce lands to make the untap more valuable.

Restorer goes infinite with Maze of Ith, I guess. Restorer is also decent if you want to hit like 8+ mana or something, but it's slow on CMC and on threshold.

Satyr is nice if your main focus is ramp and you have something cool to untap like bounce lands or Nykthos.

My pick depends on what your goal is, I guess.

I'm pretty fond of Dread Statuary. Stalking Stones feels too expensive for what it does, and Cradle of the Accursed is kinda boring.