General Fight Club

Woe Strider I dislike personally because it's so much value (would play ot wothout the escape). I just stumbled upon Legion Vanguard which will probably be the answer for now. Acivation cost is a big deal but explore is the best(?) scry.

?

I like it because it’s cheap, free sacrifice and needs some build around, but the payoff is nice! It rewards you differently than most aristocrat cards which helps diversify play patterns.
i dig this card too, is in my stable of “stuff that i like but doesn’t quite work right now” just waiting for me to support crats again

My cube can't handle the combo, but I like both. Is Monument more cute than good? I know that Skyfisher tends to get the nod.

My cube can't handle the combo, but I like both. Is Monument more cute than good? I know that Skyfisher tends to get the nod.
Honestly, it depends on how long the games are. I like monument, but I think Skyfisher has more utility in formats in shorter games. However, Skyfisher needs a pretty robust synergy package to be great, I don't think it's an ideal card if players are bouncing vanilla creatures or lands to their hand every time they cast it. Likewise, if Monument is making 5 or more warriors every game by itself, it may be the preferable pick.

Both of these cards have their moments, both have drawbacks. Ultimately, it depends more on your tastes.

KOA, (partially) because the disenchant mode leaves the body behind rather than saccing. also partially because you can just get a 4/3 beater sometimes. also partially because sometimes you’re up against aggro and the lifegain is great. Pridemage does pretty much 1 thing and Autumn does that PLUS other good stuff

Toggo is definitely more whimsical in my book, but I've always had doubts about his power level because no one else will ever play him. Getting a free Breath of Fire on every land feels like it's great when you're ahead or at parity, but incredibly mediocre when behind. I guess he's good flood insurance.

Gut, on the other hand, has been reportedly very strong. How has he been for you?

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I have tested Gut and cut him for being way too overpowering for my power level. It is really, really strong. Gut is, in my opinion, easily a bigger removal check than Goblin Rabblemaster, a card I'm not comfortable with running either.

Toggo is definitely more whimsical in my book, but I've always had doubts about his power level because no one else will ever play him. Getting a free Breath of Fire on every land feels like it's great when you're ahead or at parity, but incredibly mediocre when behind. I guess he's good flood insurance.

Gut, on the other hand, has been reportedly very strong. How has he been for you?

I am only commenting to add that Rock requires the creature to tap in order to be sacrificed which is kind of a big deal relative to the situation.

Gut is, in my opinion, easily a bigger removal check than Goblin Rabblemaster
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to hear.

Rock requires the creature to tap in order to be sacrificed which is kind of a big deal relative to the situation.
That's the problem, I wish that these two could somehow split their power difference. I think the answer is that neither is going to hang with the rest of my cube from a power level standpoint.

Toggo makes a really fun commander at least. Commander players really under-estimate how well that 2 damage rock can stack up.