General Forum upgrade: tomorrow at some point (Sunday, April 25th)

I'm not sure if you are on a phone or not, but I had to tap and hold on my phone to get the phone menu to appear, where I can " copy link address"

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
When I click on the #74 on the same line as ‘7 minutes ago’ below your picture to the right, nothing happens.

What do I do after I click on it?
If you click on the number in the top right corner, the thread should be opened with that comment at the top, after which you can copy the URL and use it any way you want.

I seem to remember the notion of changing the card image API to Scryfall's being brought up at some point? If that was mentioned, is it still floating somewhere in the realm of possibility? Deckbox just doesn't match up when it's spoiler season. Scryfall already has all the MH2 stuff, but deckbox definitely does not.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I seem to remember the notion of changing the card image API to Scryfall's being brought up at some point? If that was mentioned, is it still floating somewhere in the realm of possibility? Deckbox just doesn't match up when it's spoiler season. Scryfall already has all the MH2 stuff, but deckbox definitely does not.
This is on my list. Ok, I should actually make a list. Let's see...
1. Easilier reading of unread thread titles
1. Bring back BBCode buttons boink
2. Maybe a different banner on mobile
3. Rewrite stuff to use Scryfall instead of deckbox
4. Look into hosting Jason's drafting apps
5. Anything else I forgot?
6. Why isn't there a button for numbering?

As for other requests, I hear ya, but I'm not making any promises!
Last we knew, a switch to the Scryfall API was on James's to do list! :)

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Last we knew, a switch to the Scryfall API was on James's to do list! :)
I started writing some replacement code (here's github if anyone's curious, feedback welcome), but got a little sidetracked contemplating life and deciding to leave my job. The upshot is, in a month I will be overendowed with free time, and getting back to this is actually the first thing I want to do (alongside going home and hanging out with my sister, who also just quit her job).

Will it be possible to upgrade the servers so they can handle better pictures? I can’t even upload a picture taken with my phone.

I have a request

On PC I can click directly from ‘Cube Talk’ to the last page of a thread. Or I can click on the first page. This saves time. On mobile I can only click on the first page.

See picture taking from the point of view of a mobile user as an example:

Mobile Example.jpg

Now compare to the PC version

PC Example.PNG

My request is this: Can we make it possible so that the mobile users also have the options to click on later pages than just the first one?
Thank you very much <3

When you click on the topic title, does it go to the first page? For me (on phone) it brings me to the oldest non-read post (so usually the last page)
Then it takes me to the oldest comment I haven’t yet read (which is a super cool feature!)

That’s not the issue though. Try to comment here. Then try to go to the newest comment afterwards. You will first have to go to page 1, then scroll all the way to the bottom which can take time if page 1 has a lot of pictures loading, then click on the arrows taking you to the last page. Then scroll down to the most recent comment.

This ‘issue’ is not on PC. And it kind of comes up all the time. Imagine you’re reading a comment in your lunch break. And when you get off work you want to comment. You will have to go through that mill.

i tap the “today at 7:12am” sub header and that takes me to the most recent post
Oooooooooooooooooooooooiuh :) That’s a weird feature! But it works!

Quite strange we have to navigate Riptide differently on phone and on PC but I can 100 % live with this solution! Thank you Smithy