GBS

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Other trophy ideas:
trophies for making a post that makes the following like thresholds: 10, 15, 20, 25
trophies for being Kirblinx
I don't need my own personal trophy. I'm sure I can try and do something impressive that others have done to share the love.
I also don't think you need to do one for breaking like thresholds, since you are already going off of Most Liked posts threads that pretty much covers that same area.

I like the idea of trophies for number of posts. Unsure what the thresholds should be.

Other trophy ideas:
  • Have an article posted to the frontpage
  • Have joined a forum draft
  • Contest winners (I should get one for winning your cube update like 4 years ago)
  • Twitch Subscriber
You are in control, so give trophies as you see fit.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
1BbHCtz.png

I'm dead :p

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
The forum upgrade is coming along well. Being RiptideLab's birthday, it seems like a good time to share some screenshots. It'll be good for both feedback, and to soften the blow, as it looks fairly different! I disliked it at first, but now that I'm used to it, I way prefer it. It's so clean!

Check the imgur album: https://imgur.com/a/7bdRSQN

Edit: being RiptideLab's birthday, it would have been a great time to release the upgrade, but what do I look like, a stenographer?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Could we keep using this forum font as opposed to the more generic arial/tahoma looking font on the upgraded version? I think this font looks better.

That's exactly what Jason said! I thought the same when I first saw it, but I prefer the new font now. I'll see what can be done.
(Actually it looks like you can set multiple styles for the user to choose from, so maybe we could all have cake and eat two. I could look into a dark mode too...)

dark mode would be awesome! I use it wherever it's available.

I would also request that the "default" font be the current font. Serif fonts are more readable, especially at small sizes and in tight packed paragraphs.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
That's exactly what Jason said! I thought the same when I first saw it, but I prefer the new font now. I'll see what can be done.
(Actually it looks like you can set multiple styles for the user to choose from, so maybe we could all have cake and eat two. I could look into a dark mode too...)

Ooh, dark mode is my jam as well!

My only feedback on the new design so far is that I'm having trouble distinguishing between read and unread threads, the bolding doesn't stand out so well any more.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
My only feedback on the new design so far is that I'm having trouble distinguishing between read and unread threads, the bolding doesn't stand out so well any more.
If you're on desktop I've found zooming out helps. I've got it at about 80% and they're much more seperate.