Card/Deck Golem Tribal

Another card that we should talk about:

Cavalier of Dawn

Three white mana is tough and five cmc is high but Cavalier works really well with blink and compliments any artifact based deck. Cavalier is also flexible. Do you want alot of power on board for 5 mana? or do you need to get rid of that super powerful nonland permanent?

What are your thoughts?

Can this Golem Kindred be done at colorless only or does it need a color?
I don't think there's a single golem matters card in colourless. For me this basically hinges on getting some incidental additional upside from your splicers

I would run it as like a fun minigame in a cube, not as one of the main incentives. Generally good if you already have artifact matter themes!

Last edited:
I don't think there's a single golem matters card in colourless. For me this basically hinges on getting some incidental additional upside from your splicers

I would run it as like a fun minigame in a cube, not as one of the main incentives. Generally good if you already have artifact matter themes!

It's colourless, and it has two triggered abilities to double with the throne. I even ran this once upon a time, in a lower power version of my list with Splicers and "Construct == Golem" (For all the draft matters Constructs in Conspiracy).
I absolutely 100% recommend not doing that. Don't run Precursor Golem, the dream isn't worth the pain.

Phrexian Triniform and Triplicate Titan, however...

I still have some golems as a fun minitheme, but it's more "Big dudes that reduce their own cost" (Ancient Stone Idol, Hollow One, and the honorary include of Metalwork Colossus) and a single Blade Splicer that's on its way out.

I have a bunch of the "choose a type, get a buff", most of the time used to help out Merfolk, Humans or Wolves, but you can totally pick Golem and have it work if the draft goes that way. There are a lot of incidental Golems. Same for Constructs, but I don't have as many of those any more.

I don't think there's a single golem matters card in colourless.

probably wishes more people started playing Magic in 2000... ;) He supports any tribe but he supports GOLEMS best of all.

is also pretty good, tbh. Exremely min/max but I could see it in some builds but it's a stretch.