Card/Deck Graveyard hate

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
If you were to make it stronger in that way, I would put them all on the bottom of the deck. Stacking their top of library with junk is potentially Plow Underish...

Oh I wouldn't actually put storm on it for sure. Even just the fact that it's a flying token maker with storm for 2 makes it too much.

Flashback would also be a useful upgrade, though maybe not overly "creative".

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I always thought you could kind of push storm cards in a non-combo cube. Like, what would your wild and crazy turn do, make 4 flying dorks max?

so after a little testing, this card I feel is definitely worth it, especially in a graveyard format. It never actually removed any cards from any graveyards, but it was a black hole for removal. A win in my book :)

My "core group" so to speak has really come to terms with the fact that the format is GY-based. This past weekend it even came up that this might be maindeck-able worth it in my cube:

It's obviously very on-the-nose as graveyard hate (GY wrath?), and I'm not sure if it's the correct type of effect for my format. It's basically a World Enchant that says "play this GY cube like it wasn't that", which seems meh.

But it did get me thinking, and one type of effect that might be very healthy for the format is:

Both of these are A) cantrips in one way or another, and B) stop targeted GY recursion, specifically reanimation and regrowth effects, without stopping other integral GY activities, like flashback and embalm.

And Gravestone is Trinket-Mage findable! :)