General [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
You are beating around the bush.
Whatever are you talking about? I was replying to Dom's judgment of how severe that first drawback is, as I think it isn't much of a drawback when you compare it to the stats to cost ratio. Who cares that your removal costs {2} more when you are smacking your opponent for 6 on turn 4 (since green also happens to be the color of ramp)?

My first impression is negative. Inelegant. Fiddly. Bad complexity
I'll add " merely to justify very pushed stats" to that. It's obvious that this card clicks a lot better for some of you, but I'm extremely down on it at first glance and am honestly surprised so many of you are into it!

That card gives me a headache, but I'm s little confused about the power-cost ratio being such a sticking point? We just got a 6/6 flier for 4 just asks for one sacrifice (which can be upside).

But are we just gonna gloss over Beast Whisperer
Holy Smokes

And it's an elf. So yeah that's fun in certain formats. Considering Vs. Ripjaw Raptor in that it's another card that isn't dazzling just on it's own, but helps fuel a creature deck.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
My gut reaction was ewww hex proof, but it is more like the Frost titan thing, and since you wanna throw the Shields down to remove things I think it's interesting enough.

Also like sure, 6/6 isn't nothing, but is this that much more insane than deadbridge Goliath?

xoj90z6dxnl11.png

Creature - Faerie Rogue
Flying
Whenever ~ attacks, surveil 1.
1/2

This is a tasty little blue tempo piece. I'm always looking for excuses to get blue to attack.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
xoj90z6dxnl11.png

Creature - Faerie Rogue
Flying
Whenever ~ attacks, surveil 1.
1/2

This is a tasty little blue tempo piece. I'm always looking for excuses to get blue to attack.

Flavor text on this suggests also that someone in Orzhova is getting assasinated.

"We're on the 40th floor, with only one window that has no balcony. Its impossible that someone would be able to enter
-Minosz, responsible for Orzhov security"

gd about time I got to translate something semi-useful :mad:

Throwing my hat in the lot and saying that I love the 6/6. I've been looking for more BEEF in my green section, and this is almost exactly how I'd do hexproof-lite. Adding in an interesting drawback and a way to circumvent it is icing on the cake. I'm personally not worried about complexity as I've chosen to not really make that a concern with my playgroup, but if you are that is a tick against it for sure.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
uvQbMLz.png

Not sure how much I like this one, but Gerrard's Mom pointed out something really cool on the mtgs forums: "I'm just realizing that the hybrid on each of these shows the shadow/rebel faction leader while the gold side shows the current public leader, similar to the two guildgate arts. Really cool touch and it's neat that Niv is representing the "out of power" faction on this one.
Reminds me a lot of the expansion for the Babylon 5 CCG where all the races got secondary ambassadors so you could split the factions."

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, but the flavor text on the official entrance vs the back door matches the public leader vs "rebel" leader pattern, all save one are a direct quote from either leader, and the tenth one references Ral Zarek directly.

That Sprite is sweet, but has competition for me from:

:D

Ionize is alright; if you are really pushing the aggressive UR decks I can see it working.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Color me impressed! Better than the rare?

YEJ9Png.jpg

Edit: Also, apparently not until end of turn? Then it either has to be an error or a fake, right? No way they would print it like that on purpose.

Color me impressed! Better than the rare?

YEJ9Png.jpg

Edit: Also, apparently not until end of turn? Then it either has to be an error or a fake, right? No way they would print it like that on purpose.

I initially read the 'switch' as 'exchange', which got me excited.

I've never been courageous enough to play Invert-like effects in a deck, so no idea how that effect plays. Although I do like the Invent half of it largely because it's attached to something that has early game utility.