General [GRN] Guilds of Ravnica

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
wandofvertebrae.jpg

This card feels kind of like what I might design if I was parodying this forum.

"What's the worst card we can make that riptide cube designers will put in their cube?"

A trinket, that self-mills, but only self-mills, and "enables" baron decks?

Obv, I'm thinking about running it.

It's my custom design!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I love the flavor here, she's the literal embodiment of a sneak kill, vanishing into the shadows to strike again at an uncertain point in the future.

wandofvertebrae.jpg

This card feels kind of like what I might design if I was parodying this forum.

"What's the worst card we can make that riptide cube designers will put in their cube?"

A trinket, that self-mills, but only self-mills, and "enables" baron decks?

Obv, I'm thinking about running it.

Lol. If retail limited is about CABS (Cards Affecting Board State), then the Riptonian ideal is about CRABS (Cards Rarely Affecting Board State or Cards Reluctantly Affecting Board State)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
ietyuclkcvm11.png

Someone tell me to stop being excited for this because its a punisher card
Stop being excited, this is a punisher card! That has some discard synergies because of the jump-start mechanic. And asks your opponent to take 4 damage twice. And turns a useless land in the mid or late game into either four points of burn or three cards, which is both good, right? Right!?

Risk Factor looks like it's over the line to 'good punisher card', that line where it's a very difficult choice for the opponent. Neat!

Nah I do not think it will make it into even the lowest of power cubes. But I do like that they put a single batallion into the set.

Just like they put one annihilator into Battle for Zendikar ;)

boltsplicermage.jpg

"Boltsplicer Mage"
UR
Creature - Vedalken Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery that targets only Boltsplicer Mage, if you control one or more other creatures that the spell could target, you may choose one of them. Copy the spell and it targets the chosen creature.
2/2

This is a pretty cool card! Definitely works in the aggressive prowess deck. This Fatal Frenzy would be pretty goofy and fun.

boltsplicermage.jpg

"Boltsplicer Mage"
UR
Creature - Vedalken Wizard
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery that targets only Boltsplicer Mage, if you control one or more other creatures that the spell could target, you may choose one of them. Copy the spell and it targets the chosen creature.
2/2

This is a pretty cool card! Definitely works in the aggressive prowess deck. This Fatal Frenzy would be pretty goofy and fun.

T1

T2
Boltsplicer Mage

T3:

T4: