General Gruul Aggro-Madness

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Basically impossible to use effectively, to the extent that the one deck that's ever played it in Constructed mostly doesn't any more

Basically impossible to use effectively, to the extent that the one deck that's ever played it in Constructed mostly doesn't any more

I piloted said deck on MTGO while it did and Manabond was easily the worst card in the 75. Don't go cubing manabond.

More arguments in favour of Dom and I being right:
-you obviously want to slam this card on t1, which means you can't madness any of your disco'd cards
-if you wait to slam it you basically have just created an only-yourself Sire of Insanity that can't attack but sometimes you get a little bit of graveyard value and maybe cast, like, one Madness card? This is also a bad outcome!
-your hypothetical cube deck that wants Manabond does not have the important lands it enables, like Glacial Chasm or a fast Depths/Stage combo.

there's just so much downside and so little upside, even if your deck literally only casts from the graveyard.

The Manabond talk gets me thinking if a package like this could help RG madness pivot into a hybrid with that sweet “lands in yard aggro” archetype from the Bears Masters set...