Card/Deck Humans

Anybody care to bring this thread up to date?

In recent sets, we have seen many efficient human token-makers printed, particularly Hanweir Militia Captain and Hanweir Garrison.

They've also received some nice support in G/W, with Sigarda, Heron's Grace.

The tribe has even received an honest-to-goodness lord for the first time in quite a while: Thalia's Lieutenant

Bonus human-tech-of-the-day: Repel the Abominable

And that's all for the Human Tribal for Innistrad, folks! Back to you, Jason.

With these two great {G}{W} lord-type figures, I think it's such a shame there aren't more exciting, cube-worthy {G} humans, as I'd really prefer to move the theme's focal points out of black and into green. As it stands, I think my support for this shall begin and end at Thalia's Lieutenant unless I take another power level hit, because I'm really looking to tool my black section more into zombies and/or vampires.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
With these two great {G}{W} lord-type figures, I think it's such a shame there aren't more exciting, cube-worthy {G} humans, as I'd really prefer to move the theme's focal points out of black and into green. As it stands, I think my support for this shall begin and end at Thalia's Lieutenant unless I take another power level hit, because I'm really looking to tool my black section more into zombies and/or vampires.
I've been happy with experiment one, for somewhere to start.

I've been happy with experiment one, for somewhere to start.

My biggest problem is that the {G}{W} deck is more growers than showers. Warden of the First Tree, Experiment One, Champion of the Parish, Thalia's Lieutenant, Noble Hierarch, Student of Warfare, Mother of Runes... Most of the better T1/T2 plays involve sticking and waiting with something that won't trigger Evolve or something that wants a T2 mana investment. So your average case scenario will be to prioritize anything that will grow faster/bigger more consistently, which just isn't Experiment One in the humans deck, because you're hoping for, what, T2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben or T3 Eternal Witness/Blade Splicer to get Expy 1 up to 2/2, maaaaybe 3/3 from Blade Splicer? Whereas the rest of the players just get bigger so much faster; Champion of the Parish, Thalia's Lieutenant, Warden of the First Tree, Student of Warfare... idk, I liked Experiment One when I ran it well enough, and even doubled up for a time, but it was rarely a better play T1 than its fellow {G}{W} humans aggro buddies could provide, due to the fact that so much of the deck is a stick-and-stack variety of creature. But it's probably worth another shot, if I decide to go that route.

UMMMM BRUH

Shiet, how did I forget that guy? I'm even making an Innistrad cube with him in it, lol. My bad.

My biggest problem is that the {G}{W} deck is more growers than showers. Warden of the First Tree, Experiment One, Champion of the Parish, Thalia's Lieutenant, Noble Hierarch, Student of Warfare, Mother of Runes... Most of the better T1/T2 plays involve sticking and waiting with something that won't trigger Evolve or something that wants a T2 mana investment. So your average case scenario will be to prioritize anything that will grow faster/bigger more consistently, which just isn't Experiment One in the humans deck, because you're hoping for, what, T2 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben or T3 Eternal Witness/Blade Splicer to get Expy 1 up to 2/2, maaaaybe 3/3 from Blade Splicer? Whereas the rest of the players just get bigger so much faster; Champion of the Parish, Thalia's Lieutenant, Warden of the First Tree, Student of Warfare... idk, I liked Experiment One when I ran it well enough, and even doubled up for a time, but it was rarely a better play T1 than its fellow {G}{W} humans aggro buddies could provide, due to the fact that so much of the deck is a stick-and-stack variety of creature. But it's probably worth another shot, if I decide to go that route.

While he's certainly a grower, the recently released Tireless Tracker has proven himself to be incredibly good, even in my powerful cube. It's something to think about, even if he is only 'incidentally' a human.